Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pop-Up Christmas Card with Pam Bray's Christmas Collection

Hello everyone!  Can you believe it is December already?  My how time flies when you are having fun.  And speaking of fun, I am having so much fun with Pam Bray's new Christmas stamp sets.   If you know anything about me, you know I love dimension, and I found this fabulous pop-up fireplace card on my Silhouette.  It was just what I needed to hang my stamped Christmas stockings and place my gift box.  Yeah, only one gift so far, but it is early.  LOL 

I am also linking up with the Unruly Paper Arts Christmas Link Up Party.  Check out the rest of the bloggers' projects there.  

Here is the front of the card.  I folded a print card stock in half to make a 5" x 7" card, stamped and colored  Santa onto white card stock and cut around him, adhering to a 3" doily.  Dear Santa ... was stamped onto a note card from the paper collection, and a Santa definition from my Silhouette added.
And here is what you see on the inside.  Isn't this fabulous?  I cut the pop-up out in full once, and two more times in the parts I needed so I could have the base (beige), the red bricks (red), and the wooden mantel (tan).  I ran the tan mantel piece through a woodgrain embossing folder and darkened the grain with a brown ink.  The red piece was embossed with a brick embossing folder and highlighted with a white ink.  Now to hang the stockings with care, and set the first present nearby.  
Here is a view from above.  You can see the stamped sentiment from Pam's Christmas Collection 2, stamped in green StazOn and die cut with a fancy labels die.
Here is a close-up view of those cute stockings and present that I stamped onto white card stock, colored and cut out to hang on the mantel.  I used a red Pico embellisher pen to make the berry dots on the garland, and on the stockings.

Supplies: 
Sin City Stamps:  Pam's Christmas Collection and Pam's Christmas Collection 2 
Spellbinders Fancy Labels die 
Card stock:  white, beige, tan, red
DCWV Handmade Christmas paper collection  
Copic markers in reds, greens, yellows 
Ink Pads:  Green StazOn, Memories Black, brown distress, white chalk  Irresistible Pico Embellisher: Love Letter Red  

Thanks for stopping by today, and please be sure to check back often.  I am going to be sharing some more fun Christmas cards using these two stamp sets, and of course, there is always so much more inspiration from the rest of the team.   Have a wonderful, creative week! 

Barbara

7 comments:

  1. Adorable, both inside and out. Fabulous details. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I am loving this card the fireplace pop out with the cute stockings and Pam's Stamp are all fabulously fun! Really lovely for Christmas and thanks for joining the Party this month at Unruly PaperArts. Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card inside and out, love it! Have a great day!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card. I just love it. I am inspired to try a pop up card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a wonderful make! The inside is a wonderful surprise! Thanks for linking it up to our UPA party! Helene, UPA columnist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just the coolest piece! i love that fireplace! happy 12 days of christmas at UPA! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable...love that it pops up! I need to make some pop cards!! Love all your coloring!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete