My first card uses this adorable penguin from the Penguins on Ice stamp set.
Directions for Penguin Card:
1. Cut olive card stock to 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", fold in half to make 4-1/4" x 5-1/2 side folded card.
2. Trim red print paper to 4" x 5-1/4", adhere to card front.
3. Use Labels 22 die to cut gold card stock layer. Stamp penguin onto white card stock with Memento black ink and use smaller size Labels 22 die to cut out. Stamp Merry Christmas onto a scrap of white card stock with Olive Green Pastel chalk ink.
I find it is always best to stamp my image first, then determine which dies I have will work best.
5. Trim stamped sentiment with a straight ruler, then use decorative edge scissors to trim both sides. Edge with Vintage Photo distress ink and adhere to card front below focal image.
Directions for Vintage girl holding blank sign:
1. Cut Cherry Red card stock to 6"x12", fold in half to make a 6" square top folded card.
2. Trim print striped paper to 5-3/4" square. Use decorative corner punch on all four sides and edge with Krylon gold leaf pen.
3. Stamp holly in upper left and lower right corners, first with Olive Green Pastel chalk ink. Using a stamp positioner, stamp the holly again using the Memento Cottage Ivy ink. This brings back the fine detail lines over the chalk ink, while the chalk ink acts as a colored-in background.
4. Adhere this layer to the card front.
5. Using the larges oval frame die, cut out the green print and the white card stocks. Stamp and color the girl holding blank sign image on the white oval and edge with Vintage Photo distress ink.
8. Punch three snowflakes from gold vellum and stamp one of the small snowflakes in the center with Emerald Green StazOn ink.
Sin City Stamps: Penguins on Ice
Dies: Spellbinders Labels Twenty Two; Lea'bilities frame oval curves
DCWV Christmas Made paper stack
Card stock: Olive Green; Cherry Red; Gold Vellum, White
Copic Markers: R37, R39, YG21, YG 23, E71,
Snowflake punch (Emaginations)
Fiskars decorative corner punch
Holly leaf punch (McGill)
Ink Pads: Olive Green Pastel Chalk; Memento Cottage Ivy, Black; Blue Hawaii and Emerald Green StazOn; Vintage Photo distress
Stickles Crystal glitter glue
Ruby red glitter Liner
Krylon gold leaf pen
Colored pencils: black, white, flesh
Gold seam binding
Whether you are making 1, 10, or 100 Christmas cards this year, both of these cards can be made very quickly. I hope you enjoyed my project today and that I have inspired you to get busy on your card making for the holidays.
So be sure to stop by the Sin City Stamps online store for all your seasonal stamps, and check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the team on the SCS Blog.