Friday, December 12, 2014

House of Cards Challenge Blog Hop

Hello everyone!  Are you ready for some inspiration?

The House of Cards End of Term Blog Hop will run from December 1st at 6:00 AM CST through December 15th at Noon CST.  Any card style is welcome and here is the inspiration!  You can link up your own project, or you can just follow along and enjoy the inspiration from everyone!  The choice is yours.
Don't you just love these colors?  I knew, as soon as I saw this, that I had to try to make something.  Here is the result.



I absolutely love tri-fold shutter cards because you have so many options for making little vignettes in each block.  And if you are like me, you have tons of little punches and or die cuts, plus, you get to use those tiny scraps of papers you simply could not part with.   Here's a view from above.
Click here for a link to one of many variations for tri-fold shutter cards.  This is the one I used.  

The instructions are pretty straight forward, so I will only explain my embellishments. 

The rosette on the front was made with the Tim Holtz mini rosette die from a pearl white card stock.  The epoxy sticker is from SEI Alpine Frost.  The tiny reindeers were punched from tan suede card stock with a Martha Stewart punch.  I simply reversed the paper in the punch to mirror image them.
The blue snowflakes were punched with an old Emaginations punch I've had for years.

Believe and the off white snowflake are both chipboard pieces from K&Co, while the Happy Holidays and tiny round epoxy stickers are also from the SEI Alpine Frost set.

In the center, the branches were punched from chocolate brown card stock, the bird from blue card stock, both using Martha Stewart punches.
I used white glittered scroll sticker borders down each side of the vertical blocks.
I hope you enjoyed my card project today and that you will give this type of card a try.  Perhaps it is too late to make a bundle of these for Christmas, but you can certainly use this style for any occasion.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend.

Barbara

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning creation! LOVE all the embellishments and beautiful elements that you used! The fold is perfect, too! Thanks for hopping with us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    PS: Thank you for joining the DT call! You will hear back by the 20th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um WOW! What an amazing tri-fold shutter card! Love the deer and snowflakes, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is stunning Barbara! I love that tri-fold design and all of your gorgeous details! Thanks so much for joining us at HOC this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love how you used the inspiration photo to design your card! Both the color palette and the elements added look great! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and table setting! I love that color combo!

    ReplyDelete