Monday, February 9, 2015

Altered Pages Valentine and Storage Tips

Hello everyone!  It's me again, yep, with another fast and easy Valentine's Day card.  I just love the vintage feel of Altered Pages' collage sheets, and this one is a beauty.
I had this card stock in my stash, and while I don't expect you to have it, too, I want you to take a look at the papers and card stocks that you do have.  Pull them out and see what collage images go along with your own stash.

There were several images on the Les Fleurs collage sheet that I thought would go very well with this card stock.  What do you think?  Am I right?

This particular image of the little cherub with a wheelbarrow full of flowers just jumped right out at me.  So, I first adhered her to a piece of chipboard with Nori Paste and cut it out.
Edge chipboard image with brown distress ink.

Adhere Gold Opulence Stickers Corners and go around the edges with a Gold Xtreme Pen.


Stamp and heat emboss "Happy Valentine's Day" at top center with VersaMark ink and gold embossing powder.

Adhere chipboard image with Scor-tape.

Add a few punched leaves from green card stock around the edges.

Add a bit of Stickles glitter glue randomly to the surrounding flowers imprinted on the card for extra "OOOMPH"!!!



Now, for my storage tip!  How do I store my Stickles glitter glue?  I am sure you have seen these pencil cases in the drug store, Wal-mart, office supplies stores, etc.  You will always find them just before school starts.  I stock up then and store many things inside, like pens and pencils, embossing tools and other supplies that I use in my paper craft, and of course, my Stickles glitter glue bottles.




They fit perfectly inside these little holders, and stack very nicely inside a drawer, on a shelf, or whatever your storage system may be.

I also use the index card size ...



... to hold my gem stickers.  There are so many uses for these, and I particularly like that they stack nicely while containing things that otherwise would roll around and get lost, or in the case of gem stickers, I usually find these stuck to the bottom of my shoe.
Stay tuned this month, as the design team is sharing not only their fabulous art all month long, but more storage tips for you to take with you and try out.


The Altered Pages giveaway this month will be a Treasure Box of supplies and tools!  All you need to do is leave a comment on their blog and share us on your Facebook page to be eligible. (tell us you shared)



The February Giveway will include a Cigar Box with binder clips, ATC cards, Memento Marker, oversized paper clips and a sturdy colorful band for closure. 


As always, thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful and crafty week!


Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment