Saturday, March 14, 2015

A St. Patrick's Day Card

Top o' the mornin' to you all.  So glad you stopped by for my special post today.  It is so close to St. Patty's Day that I decided to share a fun card with you.  The phrase, "Erin Go Bragh" is most often translated as "Ireland Forever".  Once again, I used some of the beautiful Kunze German Scrap.

Directions:

Adhere green print paper, cut slightly smaller than card, to card front.

Trim one edge of blue print paper (2" x 6-1/2") with Spellbinders border die.  Add brown ink to die cut edge.
Trim German Scrap gold border to 6-1/2".  Add color with Radiant Rain color concentrate dauber and heat set.
Add gold colored border to decorative die cut paper, as shown, with Tacky Glue, then adhere whole piece to left edge of card front.
Add strips of washi tape from the A Bit o' the Green seasonal collection along top, bottom, and right edge of card front.

Color white German Scrap corners with Mediterranean and Key Lime Radiant Rain colors.
Adhere to corners along right edge.
Trim collage image and add a dark green card stock layer beneath.  Cut apart "Erin Go Bragh" and do the same with each word.  Adhere to card front, as shown.
Color the silver horseshoe and gold flower German Scrap with Mediterranean and lightly dab black archival ink over each.  Adhere horseshoe to top corner of collage image, and flower with died-to-match flower leaves at the opposite corner.
I wanted to add this beautiful glitter, but I hate the mess it makes.  So my more efficient way to adhere glitter is by making a puddle of 3D Crystal Lacquer onto my craft mat and sprinkling my glitter onto the puddle.  Then I mix it with a toothpick and adhere it with either my finger or the toothpick.

Supplies:

Altered Pages: Erin Go Bragh collage sheet; A Bit o' the Green seasonal collection,
KaiserCraft paper pad: Kaleidoscope
Tacky Glue
KUNZE German Scrap
Black StazOn ink
3D Crystal Lacquer
Green card (5"x6-1/2")
ColourArte Radiant Rains (Mediterranean, Key Lime)
Dies:  Spellbinders, Prima
Brown Distress Ink

I hope you found my project and instructions helpful today, and that I have inspired you to make some art!  Be sure to stop by the Altered Pages shop to find your supplies!

Thanks for stopping by, and may the luck of the Irish be with you today, and always!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment