Thursday, April 2, 2015

Art Journaling with ColourArte-Twinkling H20s

Hello fellow ColourArte-ists, and welcome back to more mixed media fun while I share another page in my fabric art journal.  I have always thought it would be fun to make an art journal from fabric, and boy, was I right!  If you missed my previous post, you can check it out by clicking here.

This month, ColourArte will be featuring Twinkling H20s!

  ColourArte Product Pic H20s 

I am continuing to work on my fabric art journal, and here is my next set of pages.  I love birds, and Spring is upon us, so I was inspired to make this page because I have a happy little bird who sings all day long in a tree in my backyard.  I am positive he is happy to have warm toes for a change.


P3311472
  Here are a few closeups of the process for you, too.
P3300038
Auditioning my embellishments (Gina's Designs Lasercut chipboard)

P3301471
Background colors made using Radiant Rains shimmering mists and Twinkling H20s

P3311473 P3311474

I have a video to share my process with you.  The colors in the video are stronger than in person.  The still photos are more true in color.  




ColourArte Supplies used:

Radiant Gels Dimensional Paint:  Olive Vine
Radiant Rain Shimmering Mists:  ButternutPersimmon Twinkling H20s:  Cedar Wood (Branches, Nest, Binoculars); Olive Vine (Leaves); Lemongrass (some leaves, feathers); Lemondrop (bird's beak); Meridian Blue (bird's body);  Blue Grass (bird's wings); Ginger Peach (binocular and nest highlights);  Vavoom Red (Bird Watching title letters); Ginger FlowerHoneysuckle and Lemongrass (feathers)

Other Supplies:

11"x14" muslin, joint compound, white gesso (Liquitex), white crackle paint (DecoArt), spatula, chipboard shapes (Gina's Designs), Tim Holtz Salvage Stickers, Prima wings stencil, Hero Arts Rain Dance stencil, spatula, charcoal pencil, blending stump

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it for you. Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you are inspired to try some of these fabulous paints and watercolors in your next project!

Have a wonderful, creative weekend!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous spread Barbara and wow, how clever to do a video! It all looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete