Thursday, July 23, 2015

Garden Fairy Rhymes Cards with Gina's Designs Lasercuts

Hello all!  Well, the weekend is almost here, so I hope you are ready for some card making with Gina's Designs Lasercuts!  I have a couple of cards I made with the Garden Fairies Small Shape Set, and they are so perfect for card making.  Sized just right, they will make the perfect card for the fairy lovers out there.  So, let's get started.


For my first card, Fairy Whispers...


... I made a 5"x7" card base, trimmed the "Fairy Whispers" paper slightly smaller, edged with white paint for a shabby chic look, then layered onto card front.  These are the pieces I used.
I inked the large rectangular filigree frame with white acrylic paint and added a glitter embossing powder while the paint was still wet.  Then I heat embossed it and gave it a second coat to make it more white and glittery.  The center part of the frame was simply covered with another piece of the paper (see photo above).
I cut one of the fern fronds apart and used those four bottom leaves to add to my bouquet.  I cut those four apart and colored with green crayons, blending with a bit of water.
I colored the tiny fairy with pink crayons, and her wings with ochre and green color crayons to match the colors in the paper.  I used foam dots to lift her off the page, and Eucalyptus Stickles was applied to her wings, also.
The lace border was colored with a gray and ochre crayon, blended together with water, and Platinum Stickles applied over it.

After adding all these parts, I made a small bouquet with paper flowers, the leaves, a butterfly and some swirly gemstones to finish it off.

Supplies Used for Fairy Rhymes Card:
Garden Fairies Small Shape Set
Border Sticks Lace
Fern Fronds Shape Set
Filigree Frames Shape Set
Prima Fairy Rhymes paper
Prima gem swirls and butterfly
Caran d'Ache Neocolor II watersoluble crayons
Burnt Orange card stock
Stickles: Eucalyptus, Platinum
Mini paper roses
White acrylic paint
Glitter embossing powder
Foam dots

Now for my second card, Garden Fairy ...


... I made a 6"x6" card base from peach card stock.  I trimmed another piece of paper slightly smaller, edged it with Seedless Preserves distress ink, and adhered to the card front.  I also added the ruler print along the top edge.  These are the pieces used for this card.
The square filigree frame was first covered with Orchid pigment ink and heat embossed with Blushing Pink Pastel embossing powder.  A second coat was applied to give it that enameled look.  Again, I covered these square frame insert with a piece of the paper.

The fairy was inked with Antique Gold pigment ink and heat embossed with Champagne Pearlustre embossing powder.  I used foam dots to lift her off the page.
In a similar fashion, I covered two fern fronds with Fresh Green pigment ink and heat embossed with Emerald Green embossing powder.

Each piece was adhered to the card, as shown, adding a butterfly and paper flowers to make a small bouquet.  Platinum Stickles was added to the butterfly, the fairy, and the flower tips.

Supplies used for Garden Fairy Card:
Garden Fairies Small Shape Set
Fern Fronds Shape Set
Filigree Frames Shape Set
Prima Fairy Rhymes paper
Prima butterfly
Peach card stock
Distress ink: Seedless Preserves
Caran d'Ache Neocolor II watersoluble crayons
Colorbox pigment ink: Orchid, Fresh Green, Antique Gold
Embossing powder: Blushing Pink Pastel, Emerald Green, Champagne Pearlustre
Stickles:  Platinum
Mini paper roses
Foam dots

I love how these cards turned out, and I could not have done it without these wonderful chipboard shapes from Gina's Designs Lasercuts!  So hop on over to the shop and check out all the gorgeous chippies Gina's has to offer.  You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful and very creative weekend!

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. these are gorgeous. the frames and shapes are just wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete