Friday, July 24, 2015

Go Confidently Mixed Media Journal Page with Sin City Stamps

Hey everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  Today, I am going to continue with adding pages to a mini album/journal I made last month.  You can see more about that with complete directions for making the album by clicking here.

I am loving learning more and more about combining my stamps from Sin City Stamps and mixed media, so I wanted to share with you my first page I am going to add to my album.  The pages are made from a nice, thick card stock that is printed on one side only.  So, I will be working on the print side of one and gluing it to the wrong (white) side of the previous page.


Supplies Used:

Sin City Stamps:  Terri Sproul's Wish stamp set; Sparkle Stencil by Terri Sproul
ColourArte:  Twinkling H20s - Sky BlueOrange PeelSweet LavenderSunflower

Prima 12x12 Script Pad
Chocolate ink pad ((Ancient Page)
Texture Paste (Ranger)
Glue n Seal (Ranger)
Liquid Pearls: Platinum, Peacock (Ranger)

Directions:

Trim card stock to 4-1/2" by 8-1/4".  Cover with a very light coat of clear gesso and let dry.  This will help seal the card stock and allow the paint to work much better, but will not obliterate any of the printed images on it.  Round the corners on the left side of the page, because this will be adhered to the back of the inside page in the book.

Spread texture paste through the sparkle stencil, leaving the edges uneven.  Scrape tiny patches of texture paste with a spatula around page for a cool effect.  Let everything dry.


Stamp three butterflies and two sentiments onto a piece of deli paper with the Chocolate ink pad.
Prepare your Twinks by spritzing some water 2-3 times into each pot to activate the colors.  Add all four colors to the background, misting with water and allowing the colors to run and blend.  Let dry.

Tear deli paper close to each stamped image and adhere to the background with a good adhesive medium, like Glue N Seal.  The deli paper disappears into the background, and gives you crisp, stamped images even over the stenciled paste.
Stamp some dandelions in the open spaces at the bottom of the paper with the Chocolate ink pad.
Color the butterflies with the four Twinks colors, mixing them to your liking.
Make bodies for the butterflies with the Peacock Liquid Pearls.
Add dots of Platinum Liquid Pearls to the dandelions.
This is the book from my previous post.  The inside cover page is what you see extending past the zig zag chipboard cover.  I want to keep that page just as it is because it acts as part of the front of the book.
By working on the first page separately, I was able to keep the printed side of the inside cover page clean.  So, now that my page is completed, I can adhere the two pages together.  This will not only cover the blank white side of the papers, but strengthen the page.  I also rounded the outer corners.
Now that the two are glued together ...
I can punch the binding holes on the side.
Now it is ready to insert into my book.

I hope you enjoyed my mixed media journal page today, and that I have inspired you to make your own journals with your paper stash and these wonderful Sin City Stamp sets.  And this is the perfect time to buy because you can take advantage of this special deal!  Good until the end of the month.


Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful and crafty weekend!


P.S.  This is my last post as a member of the Sin City Stamps design team.  Our term is nearing an end and I want to thank everyone for your friendship and support.  However, you may still see me every now and then with more projects to share.  So, until then, happy stamping, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love your journal page!! I don't own the twinkling watercolors-but you sure make me want to give them a try! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete