Wednesday, July 1, 2015

House of Cards July 2015 Challenge - Food and/or Colors Challenge

Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new monthly challenge here at House of Cards.  I so enjoy seeing all the creations each month, not only from the design team, but also from you, the challenge participants.  

This month's challenge is ...

JULY 2015
Use a food image and/or Colors
fresh cut color

I chose to use the color palette instead of foods for my card today.  




I love center step style cards because they stand up on their own for display, plus you get extra spaces for embellishing.  

I used a peach color card stock for my base, and a yellow card stock for the second layer.  The print paper I chose seemed to contain all of the colors shown in the palette, making it easy peasy to work with.  

The tag is a cut out from the paper pad, and the rest of the embellishments are from a set of pearlescent on clear acetate stickers.  I left the sticker liner on the two butterflies in the center, and adhered them to a couple strips of acetate before glueing them to the center portion, giving the impression they are in flight.
I stamped "Happiness Always" onto another yellow print scrap from the pad with Black Stazon.  Each of the print paper pieces were edged with the Chestnut Roan chalk ink before layering.  

And here is a closeup of each individual section.


  
Supplies used:
Kaisercraft 6.5"x6.5" Be-YOU-tiful paper pad
Cardstock: Peach, Yellow
Pearlescent butterfly/border stickers (Recollections)
Pearls and Gems (Hero Arts)
Chestnut Roan chalk ink
StazOn black ink
Happiness Always rubber stamp (Stampin' Up)

hope you enjoyed my card this month and that I have been able to inspire and entice you to play along with us in this month's challenge, which can be seen by clicking here.


The DT cards will be showcased here throughout the month, 
PLUS WE ARE ADDING MORE TUTORIALS EACH MONTH,
 so stay tuned!


Thanks for stopping by, and please come back on the 3rd for MORE inspiration from this very talented Design Team!  We hope you join in the fun, too--please check out our House Rules HERE before linking up!  I can't wait to see your creations!

Barbara xo

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Barbara! Love the beautiful butterflies! I fixed the link on the HOC page to pull up all your HOC labeled posts. Somehow the link for this post didn't work. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. I had the label right, so I haven't a clue why it is not working. Crazy!

      Delete
  2. Wow Barbara you have choosen the right colors for July challenge
    great butterflies too and love the shape of your card
    beautifully made and great post for HOC..
    hugs, Monika (teammate) see you soon on my strawberries card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is a beautiful project! I love the unique layout and the colors are just amazing!
    Take care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project - love this it's so very gorgeous! I admire your skills in creating these shapes too, something that I do not do well! It's nice to be working with you Karen (new HOC DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning Barbara, great step card and those butterflies are stunning! Donna T. (HOC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely step card and you butterflies are so nice.
    (✿*‿*) Ma
    Teamie HOC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara you have such a great style and layering! It's really nice to see the beautiful designs you come up with every time! Hugs, Gracie / HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--the colors and layers and everything--just wow!


    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in LOVE, Barbara!!! The shine from those butterflies is just gorgeous! I LOVE the fabulous texture and patterns, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, wow!! this is so beautiful, barbara; the butterflies are gorgeous and really look like they've flown by to take a peek at your card.
    linda
    HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Love those butterflies!
    Lilian HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this is stunning Barbara! I love your fabulous design and the butterflies are absolutely gorgeous!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Barbara! I haven't seen a step card like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful..... Oh my goodness Breathtaking... Excited to be on team with you :-)
    Lisa
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG - what an amazing creation, Barbara! Never seen anything quite like it before! Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is amazing! Absolutely stunning! Jane (HOC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Barbara! Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful! Love the shape of the card and those butterflies! :) Hugs! Katy HOC DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is stunning, Barbara! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for your welcome. I look forward to working with and getting to know you.
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!!! This amazing! All the work you put into it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! This is stunning! I love the butterflies, and everything about it. Gorgeous card! Thanks for the sweet welcome to the HOC DT. I look forward to working with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just fabulous what you did, Barbara! Using the whole range of colors, you created a fantastic center step card!! Stunning work!
    Hugs, Rosi HOC-DT

    ReplyDelete