Thursday, September 17, 2015

Capture Life's Moments with ColourArte

Hello Colourarte-ists!  I want to share a quick and inexpensive project with you today.  I started this project with a wooden frame from the Dollar Store that I had previously altered.  I was not very pleased with how it turned out, so I saved it for another day. 

When I saw this beautiful dragonfly die by Tim Holtz, I just knew I wanted to use it for this project.  This time of year,  here in the mid-south, the dragonflies are everywhere.  I love watching them flit about.  So that was my inspiration for this piece.



I made a short video tutorial for you.


Supplies Used:

7"x7" wooden frame with 5"x5" opening (Dollar Store)
ColourArte Twinkling H20s: Moss Green, Blue Grass, Mystic Blue, Cinnamon Brown, Iridescent Gold, Black Cherry,
ColourArte Primary Silks Acrylic Glaze: Apricot Nectar
ColourArte Radiant Rain Daubers: Nutmeg, Egyptian Gold
ColourArte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mists: Ice, Butternut, Autumn Leaf, Teal Zircon 
ColourArte Radiant Gels: Olive Vine
Gina's Designs Lasercuts: Bamboo Shape Set
6x6 Burlap Paper Stack (DCWV)
6x6 Quarterfoil stencil (ClearScraps)
White Crackle Texture Paste (Finnabair)
Extra Heavy Gel/Molding Paste (Golden)
White gesso (Liquitex)
Classic Gold wax gilt (Treasure Gold)
Ideaology word band (Tim Holtz)
Gold metal stickers (TPC Studio)
Layered Dragonfly die (Tim Holtz)
Catalyst spatula (straight edge)
Black pen (Sharpie)

Have you joined in this month's ColourArte Blog Challenge #3?  The challenge this month is accessories, but the challenge will change on the 20th of the month, so check out the Rules and How to Enter page for upcoming themes and how to join in the fun.  You could be the next winner of a $40 value ColourArte prize.  

Well, I sure hope you enjoyed my project and video tutorial today.  I had a lot of fun re-working this Dollar Store find.  What will you do with your next Dollar Store find?  I'd love to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful, creative weekend!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous project and a great video Barbara!! Love it!

    Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely frame Barbara!!
    Happy belated birthday!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete