Monday, September 28, 2015

It's a Wrap with Altered Pages

Hi all!  As you probably know by now, our theme this month is "It's A Wrap", which is all about packaging and the way your gift is presented.  As I said before, the packaging can be just as beautiful as the gift itself.  But I think that a gift package can either excite or bore the recipient.  I vote for excite the recipient and make them want to open their gift.  
  
So here is my finished gift package.  I wonder what I will put in it ...  could it be CHOCOLATE?


Once again, I found this round, cardboard type of salt container in my stash.  Yes, I am a hoarder of all things possibly crafty!   What was especially nice about this particular salt container was that the top popped off quite easily, making it perfect for turning into a gift package.  Just look around and see what you can use in a similar fashion.
I measured the height and circumference of my can, and cut a piece of the adhesive corrugated paper to size.

Next, I used a spatula to spread the Art Anthology Sorbet Paints in Coral, Red Velvet, and June Bud and let dry.
Fussy cut "Love of Chocolate"  and two chocolate labels from the collage sheets.  Layer each label onto a slightly larger piece of black card stock.  Adhere to corrugated paper, as shown, leaving space in the center and on each edge.

Adhere one of the lace stickers along the top edge.
Use Aleene's Tacky Glue to adhere the collage images and the corrugated paper to the canister for added strength.

Color a length of sheer yellow ribbon with the Gingersnap Smooch Spritz and water, let dry.  Wow, I wish you could see the glimmer the spritz gives this ribbon.
Here is a closer look at the top to this container.  As you can see, it just popped right off.  I don't care that it has the holes and turning piece, because I am going to cover all of that in my next steps.
Paint two coats of Black Gesso over the top piece, but only the top portion, not the side portion that fits inside the canister.  You need to keep that free from anything that will cause friction or add bulk.
 I spritzed a kraft paper clock face with the Gingersnap Smooch Spritz, adhered it to two pieces of chipboard glued together for stability, and added a tiny round metal sticker in the center.  Then I used Adhesive Dimensionals to adhere it to the top, covering the salt shaker piece.
 Here it is from the front, before adding the ribbon.
 And here it is from the back, minus the ribbon.


Supplies:

Round cardboard type salt container
Black Gesso
Art Anthology Sorbet Paints (Red Velvet, Coral, June Bud)
Collage sheets:  For the Love of ChocolateMake Mine Chocolate
Ribbon, Sheer
Glue Stick
Adhesive Dimensionals
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Gothic Lace Stickers
Smooch Spritz (Gingersnap)
Adhesive Corrugated
Bazzill Black 8.5 x 11 card stock
Kraft Paper Clocks


I hope you have been enjoying the variety of gift wrappings the design team have been sharing with you this month.  So hop on over to the Altered Pages shop to see what else you can use for your own personal gift packaging!

Have a wonderful, creative week!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment