Thursday, October 1, 2015

House of Cards October 2015 Monthly Challenge: Add Texture and/or Color

Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new monthly challenge here at House of Cards.  I so enjoy seeing all the creations each month, not only from the design team, but also from you, the challenge participants.

This month's challenge is ...



OCTOBER 2015
Add texture &/or Color Challenge
autumn palette

While I certainly love texture, and I love these gorgeous Fall colors, I had no trouble working with this theme.  I was able to combine a bit of both in my Autumn Splendor card.  



I layered the print paper onto a dark green card base, and fussy cut the apples from the Apple Cider Orchard paper, layering with foam tape.  I adhered a ribbon, some burlap paper (for texture), and some acrylic leaves.  I also punched some leaves from olive green card stock, adding a bit of shimmer by touching them to the Delicate gold ink pad before arranging them around my apples.  Pretty simple, eh?
Supplies used:

Dark Green card stock
Olive Green card stock 
Autumn Splendor papers, ribbon, wooden tag (Making Memories)
Apple Cider Orchard 12x12 paper (Bo Bunny)
Burlap paper scraps
Ink Pads:  Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Delicata Gold
Black pen
Acrylic Maple Leaves (Hobby Lobby)
Glossy Accents
Fast Grab Tacky Glue
McGill leaf punch



hope you enjoyed my card this month and that I have been able to inspire and entice you to play along with us in this month's challenge, which can be seen by clicking here..
Thanks for stopping by, and please come back on the 3rd of the month for MORE inspiration from this very talented Design Team!  We hope you join in the fun, too--please check out our House Rules HERE before linking up!  I can't wait to see your creations!

Barbara xo

21 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, what a great autumn card.. Love your texture and colors a lot.
    Fun to see what you other girls have made.
    (✿*‿*) Ma
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barbara
    how many texture on your card
    love that ribbon that burlap that twine and that apple with different DP on it
    great DT card
    see you soon on my Texture card
    Hugs, Monika (Teammate)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara! Beautiful card ... I love their colors and beautiful ribbon you used! thanks for sharing ... Plissa Add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, I love your layers for this card! Well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card for fall! I love the leafy background and the way you accented the tag with a piece of burlap behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! your DP choices were spot on as were your other embellishments!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much crafty texture goodness in your card! I love it! Those tiny acrylic leaves are just the perfect touch! LOVE them!
    Take care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunner! Jo x HOC/DT Friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunner! Jo x HOC/DT Friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, WOW!!! I LOVE all the stamped texture combined with the smooth embellishments! This is just gorgeous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Barbara! Love the background paper, the apples and burlap!
    Judy HOC Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This texturized collage card is brilliant!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara, this is gorgeous! I love it!
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Barbara, so many beautiful embellishments for texture! Donna HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara, I just love all your fabulous layers and this terrific texture! You have so many wonderful details too! Great design!
    Take care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the leaves on this card, especially the acrylic ones, a great idea to use apples instead of pumpkins, lots of inspiration thank you. Rocky HOC teamie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the leaves on this card, especially the acrylic ones, a great idea to use apples instead of pumpkins, lots of inspiration thank you. Rocky HOC teamie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Barbara! This card is beautiful! Love the apples cut from DSP and the acrylic leaves! Really great card! Have a great day!
    Donna (HOC Teammie)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohmygoodness, so many wonderful textures and of course those beautiful fall colors on your card. I like the apples made out of the decorative papers. Heather HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful fall card Barbara! I love all of the textures and the fabulous apples!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, so many textures, Barbara!! Splendid autumn card! The acrylic leaves are beautiful eye-catchers!
    Hugs, Rosi - HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete