Friday, November 6, 2015

Mixed Media: Composition Book Remake with ColourArte

Hello everyone, and welcome.   Lately, I have been re-purposing, or up-cycling, as some would say.  I don't know about you, but I love note books.  I collect them like some people collect shoes. Anyway, before computers, I used to take notes, lots of notes, and I guess I still do.  It works for me. So, today I want to share a fun little notebook, using an inexpensive composition book.  You can spiffy up the outside in no time and keep for yourself or give as a nice gift.

I have prepared a short video tutorial to take you through the process.  Of course, I am using my beautiful ColourArte perfect paints for this, as well as my favorite lasercut chipboard from Gina's Designs.



ColourArte Supplies Used:

Radiant Rains Shimmering Mists:  Autumn Leaf, Seafoam, Butternut, Apple Blossom
Radiant Rains Daubers:  Wine & Roses, Mediterranean Blue, Mallard Green
Silks Acrylic Glazes:  Coral Berry, Apricot Nectar, Carmen, Fuzzy Peach, Orange Peel, Clear Glaze Medium

Other supplies used:

Composition Book
Gina's Designs Lasercut Chipboard: Texture Sheets Sampler (checkerboard), Flourish Frames Evie (oval), Peacock Feathers
Liquitex White Gesso
Prima 960810 clear stamp
Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Liquitex splatter tool (or paintbrush)
Flowers:  Recollections (Michaels) and Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and were inspired to give this project a try.  It is so easy and turns something plain into a "masterpiece".

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful, creative weekend!!!

Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment