Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Girl Mixed Media Canvas with ColourArte

Hello my fellow Colour-Artistes!  I love mixed media, and ColourArte has just the perfect paints to use in your projects.  I am working with a different base from my "norm", and I am also using a different medium for the base.  I usually begin with a canvas and gesso, but this time, I am beginning with an 8"x10" piece of 140 lb. mixed media paper and a layer of white absorbent ground.  



To help you see my process, I made a short video tutorial.   So let's play!



Here a a few close-ups for you.





ColourArte Supplies used:

Primary Elements

Chiffon Pink
Mandarin Citrine
Rose Gold
China Black

Other supplies used:


Strathmore 140 lb Mixed Media paper

Golden White Absorbent Ground
Gypsy Soul Lasercuts Words & Phrases 2 (My Girl)
Finnabair 3D Gloss Gel Transparent
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vintage Cabinet Card die and matching Movers & Shapers die
Quickutz Diamonds & Dots embossing folder
Ranger/Dylusions DYW42686 Letter Jumbles rubber stamp
Ranger Archival Ink Jeb Black
Prima 564278 Damask stencil
Prima Branch Bark chalk ink
Prima flowers (538651, 557676, 553111)
Prima Pearls (530983)
Prima Butterflies (552145)
Black chipboard
AP-302 Chubby Cheeks Altered Pages collage sheet
Kaisercraft 6-1/2" Paper Pad (Storyteller)
Recollections die cut doilies

I hope you enjoyed my video tutorial and that you perhaps learned something new.  Be sure to stop by the ColourArte online shop to see all of the beautiful colors available.  For tons of inspiration, visit the ColourArte blog, and check out the video tutorials on the ColourArte Video Creators Youtube channel.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful and creative week!

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Barbara, your canvas is beautiful! I love the palette as well as the design! And the little girl you choose is just adorable! hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete