Monday, May 30, 2016

A Place to Call Home Card with ColourArte Twinkling H20s

Hello everyone!  Today I want to show you another fabulous way to use your Twinkling H20s to make a beautiful, yet so easy, greeting card, as well as a matching background paper.  If you have never used these before, you will love the easy blendability, not to mention the gorgeous shimmer!



First, stamp the image with Versamark ink and heat emboss with black embossing powder.




I activated my H20s with water and let them sit for about 10 minutes.  I picked up each color to paint my image, as shown.  Colors used are as follows:


Bird - Rich Cocoa
Bird's breast - Persimmon + Orange Peel
Bird's beak - Sunflower + Orange Peel
Nest - Rich Cocoa + Burnt Umber
Branch - Burnt Umber + Pale Porcelain
Leaves - Forest Green + Moss Green
Flower Petals - Rose Petal
Flower Centers - Sunflower



Use a couple of the same H20s to color a sheet of watercolor paper, using a mister filled with water to help spread the colors.  I wanted to keep it feminine, so I chose the Rose Petal and Sunflower, blending and drying with a heat tool.  


I die cut the stamped, colored image with the inner frame from the die, as shown.  In this photo, you can see where I used the Pale Porcelain to outline the image, and later I blended the color out to the edges to knock down the bright white of the paper.


Place the outer frame die on the watercolored background paper and cut out.


Here is a look at the two pieces that will be the focal image for your card.



Adhere the two layers on the off-white card stock, as shown.  Lastly, I punched the decorative label from the background paper and added the "home" sticker before attaching to the card with foam tape.



ColourArte Supplies Used:

Twinkling H20s
Persimmon
Orange Peel
Rose Petal
Sunflower
Forest Green
Moss Green
Burnt Umber
Rich Cocoa
Pale Porcelain

Versamark Ink
Black embossing powder
Nestled Bird rubber stamp (Stampendous)
Off-white card stock
90lb watercolor paper
Mister bottle with water
Spellbinders Elegant Frames 25
Decorative label punch
Chit Chat Sticker (Tim Holtz)

I hope you enjoyed my project and that I have inspired you to use your ColourArte products for all of your card making.  It's not just for mixed media, you know!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful, creative week!!!!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment