Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Fall Staggered Mini Album with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts

Hi everyone!  If you are ready for Fall, I have a fun Staggered Mini Album for you to help celebrate the coming of the Season.  Even here in the Mid-South, there is a crispness in the air in the evening, and I am loving it. 



To begin, I am using Graphic 45's Botanicabella paper collection.  I am so glad they resurrected this beautiful paper line. It is perfect for this time of year, and I love all of the elements, as well.  So, cut out your papers and adhere them to each page of the Staggered Mini Album.  This album is super easy to cover because of its straight lines.



To decorate the front cover using the 4" square chipboard piece, I discovered that the Deco Frames 6 Inch and the Tudor Rose Singles would work perfectly.



Paint Deco Frames 6 Inch with two colors of paint using a sponge and dabbing motion to provide the mottled effect.   Paint both sides of the frame since they will show when the book is opened.  Distress the edge with a brown distress ink.  Paint the Tudor Rose Singles with black paint.



Paint a single gear from the Gears Shape Set with a rust paint, dabbing a tiny bit of black to give a mottled effect.



Glue frame edges to the 4" square chipboard piece.



Turn the Tudor Rose over and glue the gear to the center back.  (TIP:  Put the glue on the back of the Tudor Rose and not on the gear.)


Back side
Front side
Add foam dots to the center (gear) of the Tudor Rose and adhere to center of 4" square chipboard piece.



Use a ruler to mark about 1" from the right side of the 4" chipboard piece and place white glue inside this area.  



Flip the narrow chipboard piece over and align the strip along the pencil line.  This is now your front cover of the mini album.


I wanted to add some pockets to the pages, so I adhered small black pocket style envelopes to the second, third and fourth pages, as shown.  This will allow me to insert tags or bits of ephemera for safe keeping.



To finish off the cover, I added floral embellishments.  I decided to add this butterfly to the focal point since butterflies were prevalent in the paper.  I colored the butterfly with green chalk paint, then added copper metallic paint along the outer edge.  Lastly, I added a thin edging of black paint.  (See finished photo above for placement).



I fussy cut lots of images from the print papers to use throughout the book.  For the next page, I painted one of the chevron words with black paint and adhered a piece of print paper beneath it.  







I cut apart two strips from the Texture Sheet Diamonds, painted them black, and adhered them to the next page, as shown.  I cut apart a few of the leaves from Skeleton Leaves 2, painted with green paint, and adhered over the diamond texture.  



I added a couple more of the skeleton leaves on this page, as well.



I painted a Border Sticks Shell strip with black paint and adhered it along the edge, as shown.  It really adds some beautiful detail to the page.  Oh yes, I had a few more skeleton leaves left to add to the floral spray on this page. 



To finish off the back cover, I painted the large Tulip Scroll Corners and adhered it to the left edge.  




Supplies Used:

GSL Staggered Mini Album (contact store)
GSL Border Sticks Shell
GSL Tudor Rose Singles
GSL Deco Frames 6 Inch
GSL Gears Shape Set
GSL Chevron Words
GSL Tulip Scroll Corners 
GSL Butterflies and Dragonflies
GSL Skeleton Leaves 2
GSL Texture Sheet Diamonds

I hope you enjoyed my Fall themed mini album today.  Be sure to check out all the great chipboard in the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts shop.  

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

Barbara


3 comments: