Friday, January 20, 2017

Botanical Pods Flower Mixed Media Canvas

Hi everyone.  I'm back today with another fun video tutorial to share with you.  I found these strange-to-me natural botanical "pods" and thought how crazy it would be to use these on a mixed media canvas.  With the beautiful ColourArte products, I felt it I could not go wrong.  I hope you enjoy watching the process.  I certainly had fun making it for you.


ColourArte Supplies Used:

Silks Acrylic Glazes
  Carmen
  Olive Vine
  Nutmeg

Vivid Ultra Metallics
  Bolivian Blue
  Teal Zircon
  Snap Dragon
  Sunflower
  Pink Azalea

Primary Elements
  Boysenberry

The Solution (1:1 mixture = 1 part water, 1 part The Solution)

Other Supplies Used:

Golden Light Molding Paste
Ranger White Gesso
Botanical Pods
Finnabair Grungy Grid Stencil
Prima Art Deco Background Stencil
Decorative buttons
Paper Studio white lace ribbon
Natural 3-ply Sisal rope
Fast Grab Tacky Glue

I love how this turned out, and the dimension with these "pods" is amazing (to me). 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great and creative day!

Barbara xo

2 comments:

  1. Love your canvas. Thanks for making the video so we could see your process!

    ReplyDelete