Friday, January 19, 2018

Altered Valentine's Heart Box with ColourArte

Hi everyone!  I hope you all are enjoying a warm home and a place to craft.  Today, I have another video tutorial to share with you.  I bought this cheap little wooden box from my local craft store, and I love altering these things.  I thought it would be fun  to make it more elegant and perhaps look more like it is holding some precious gem or special trinkets, or maybe even a love letter from days gone by.  What would you keep in yours?

Anyway, I'm going to show you how to make a molded focal image with plaster and use German Dresden scrap borders to add elegant textural elements to the box.  Then I will show you the beautiful ColourArte Vivid Ultra Metallics I used to add color, shimmer and shine to the surface.

Here is my video tutorial.



CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL

Here is a complete list of the supplies I used for my box.

Colourarte Supplies Used:
Vivid Ultra Metallics
True Metals Dragon Gold
Siam White
Ginger Flower
Royal Orchid

Other Supplies Used:
Wooden Heart Box
Faster Plaster (or Activa Permastone)
Prima IOD Trifles Mold
German Dresden Scrap
Brea Reese Texture Pebbles (Momenta)
Brea Reese Texture Sand (Momenta)
Liquitex white gesso
Decoart gloss varnish
Dual tip glue pen (Paper Studio)
Aleene's fast grab tacky glue
Baroque Art Patina Gilder's Paste
Grumtine (Grumbacher)

I hope you enjoyed my project today, and that I've inspired you to alter a heart shaped box, or any items you may already have on hand.  The techniques are the same, and the results are so amazing when you finish.  

Click on the link to purchase ColourArte products and to check out all the inspirational videos and blog tutorials by the other talented designers on the team.  

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a warm, crafty day!!!

Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment