Thursday, February 22, 2018

How to Make a Grungy Steampunk Butterfly Specimen Box

Hi everyone!  Barbara here today on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog.  I'm in a steampunk kind of mood, and so today, I want to share what reminds me of an olde-time specimen box, where pretty bugs, butterflies, and other winged things are displayed.  So I have made a video tutorial with my step-by-step directions for putting this all together.



CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL

Supplies Used:

GSL Square Shrine Shadowbox
GSL Butterfly of Gears
GSL Gates Shape Set
GSL Layered Border Victoria Small
Liquitex black gesso
Liquitex white gesso
Miss Lillian's Metal Smith paints
  Iron
  Malachite
  Bronze
  Rusty Activator
  Green Patina Activator
  Azure Embellishment Butter
  Sienna Gold Gilding Jewels
  Moss Gilding Jewels
Wooden Finial (Tim Holtz)
Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
White PVA glue
Tyvek envelope (2 pieces - 3/4" x 3-1/2")
Heidi Swapp Marquee Love paper roll
Metal gears embellishments (Hobby Lobby)
Wooden Alphabet Beads (Explorer/Hobby Lobby)
Wooden Finial (Tim Holtz)

I hope I have been able to inspire you to make one of these grungy looking specimen boxes, and be sure to visit Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts for a huge selection of fine laser cut chipboard.  I also hope you will consider subscribing to my channel to keep in touch and never miss a new tutorial.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderfully crafty day!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment