Wednesday, April 1, 2015

House of Cards April 2015 Challenge - Add a Butterfly &/or Color

Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new monthly challenge here at House of Cards.  I so enjoy seeing all the creations each month, not only from the design team, but also from you, the challenge participants.

This month's challenge is ...

APRIL 2015
Add a Butterfly &/or Color Challenge


While this is not my preferred color palette, I think my card would work well for a masculine card without the flowers.  However, with the flowers, it certainly works for the girls in your life who love primary colors.  So, here is my inspiration card for this month's challenge.  


Supplies:
Cardstock:  Blue, Red, Green
Altered Pages Collage Sheets:  Altered Images 1, We All Enjoy Coffee
Colorbox Chalk Ink Pads:  Yellow Ochre, Yellow Cadmium
Teresa Collins Embossing Folder:  Chevron (8-1/2"x11")
Martha Stewart and Paper Studio Decorative Punches (shown in picture)
Beacon 3-in-1 Glue
Tim Holtz Ideaology Memo Pin
Splash of Color Mixed Media Phrases sticker sheet

I cut a piece of blue card stock to 7" x 10", folded in half to make a 7" x 5" card.  I embossed the front of the card only with the embossing folder, and hit the high spots with the two yellow colors of Chalk Ink.  I know the colors look green instead of yellow in my pictures, but I should have known that when I inked the yellow over the blue card stock, I would get green.  Duh!

I printed out the images from the collage sheets and matted them onto red card stock, leaving a tiny border.  These were adhered to the card front, as shown.  
I punched many flower petals in the different sizes from red and blue card stock, and some leaves from the green card stock.  These are the punches I used.
I misted each leaf and petal lightly with water and scrunched, pinched, and formed them to my liking.  Let the petals and leave dry.  They will now be nice and stiff.  I then put the different petals together to form the flowers, which I turned into a bouquet for the card front.  
I added a tiny bouquet at the top, above the focal collage image.
I added the phrase sticker with the memo pin to the bouquet, as shown.  While I was making the card, I wondered, 'Just who is this woman flirting with the pilot?"  
Well, that's about it.  I hope you enjoyed my card this month and that I have been able to inspire and entice you to play along with us in this month's challenge, which can be seen by clicking here.

Thanks for stopping by, and please come back on Monday for MORE inspiration from this very talented Design Team!  We hope you join in the fun, too--please check out our House Rules HERE before linking up!  I can't wait to see your creations!

Barbara xo

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Barbara, thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Barbara, thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, stunning flowers, Barbara and beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and flowers, Barbara :)
    Ma :) HOC DT
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  5. very fun! I am amazed you made those flowers yourself--you rock!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your card! I am so pleasantly surprised by your very original take on a butterfly challenge! This is really special! Very pretty card!
    Take care,
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, those flowers are gorgeous! HOC Teammate Donna T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous vintage collage card, Barbara! Love those flowers - looks like an awful lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara! Love your vintage collage card! The fun part of this challenge is seeing what all the DT members come up with. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO pretty, Barbara! I LOVE the vintage image, your created flowers, and beautiful layering! Such a stunner! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those flowers! Beautiful card!
    Lilian HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. The flowers are great too. I love the way you made the flowers! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Barbara! Fabulous vintage image and I love your Flowers!!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card Barbra. Love all the layers.
    Dana
    House of Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara this is sooo woooowwww
    I love all
    the altered Image the flower puncher you have and the flower you made
    clever idea
    and that lovely butterfly on the Image
    I love all on your card lovely collage card
    Hugs from me
    Monika (HOC Team mate)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Barbara, love the layering and those flowers are fab!
    Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! This is beautiful. I wish I could do the vintage thing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Love the vintage feel of your card!
    Ruza ~ HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete