Friday, February 3, 2017

How to Make Foil Embossed Flowers: Part 1 of 2

Hello everyone!  I have a new ColourArte video tutorial to share with you today, and if you love making flowers, you will love this technique.  It is not new, but I thought it deserved being renewed.  This technique uses only card stock, heavy duty aluminum foil, embossing folders, flower dies or punches, and Vivid Ultra Metallics.  I also used some of the new Primary Elements artist pigments in new shaker jars.

This is actually part one of a two part series, so I hope you will consider subscribing to my channel and following my blog, if you don't already, so you won't miss more fun project tutorials.



I hope you will take a moment to check it out.




Please consider subscribing to my channel HERE.









ColourArte Supplies Used:

Vivid Ultra Metallics
  Red Poinsettia
  Snap Dragon
  Sunflower
  Ginger Peach
  Pink Azalea
  African Jade
  China Black
  Lemongrass
  True Metals Autumn Flame

The Solution  (1:1 Mixture = 1 Part The Solution + 1 Part Water)

Primary Elements Artist Pigment
  Ginger Peach
  Orange Peel
  Olive Vine
  Sunflower

Other Supplies Used:

Decoupage glue (or white glue)
Dynasty #16 flat brush
Aleene's Quick Grab Tacky Glue
White card stock
Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
Sizzix/Tim Holtz Embossing Folders
  Regal Flourishes
  Honeycomb
  Damask
  Burlap

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful, crafty day!

Barbara

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers. The technique is new to me and I am definitely going to give it a try. Thanks so much for the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it, McStamper, and would love for you to share pics of what you make with this technique. Thanks bunches for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are just beautiful Barbara!!
    You are so clever and thank you so much for sharing the how to's with us!!
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jackie, thanks a million. So glad you stopped by. Have fun with them, and let me see what you make. <3

      Delete