Thursday, April 12, 2018

Geisha Trifold Pocket Mini with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts

Hi everyone!  Barbara here today on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog.  I want to share with you one of the newest laser cuts from Gypsy Soul called the Trifold Pocket Mini.  I love how it folds up into a small notebook, yet has pockets to hold all sorts of memorabilia.  Here is a picture of the finished cover.



Cut a piece of handmade paper to fit the front of the trifold mini and use a white glue to adhere the paper.  Trim excess paper away.



Cut strips of the same paper to cover the inside flaps and score lines and adhere with white glue.  This will cover the inside of the pockets where it opens and also strengthen the score lines.



Apply a fast grab tacky glue along the two long edges of each pocket, as shown.  


Fold them up and clamp each pocket together until the glue dries.  I used a heavy weight for the center pockets since I didn't have any clamps long enough to reach.


I used an Adirondack Gold paint dabber to edge the two side edges and the edges along the flaps.  


Cover the front of each stagger tag with notecards from the Tea-Thyme collection, cutting off the excess paper.  Be sure to punch the center hole before covering the other side.  Here you can see how the notecards looked before they were glued to the tags. 





Turn tags over and cover the back  of each stagger tag with a print paper from Tea Thyme.




I printed these collage images of Geishas, trimmed them, then layered each onto a piece of gold paper, then onto black card stock, before gluing them to the inside pockets, as shown.  I also added the large photo clips with brads, which will work to keep the flaps closed.  (NOTE:  I should have done this before gluing the pockets, but with determination, I was able to carefully get inside the pocket to spread the brad prongs.)


The three tags will fit nicely inside the three pockets.  You can add small photos, collage images, quotes, or add some personal journaling to the tags. 



I finished off the front and back of the trifold pocket min with a few more Geisha collage images, flowers, and a few metal embellishments I had on hand.  I used a piece of gold elastic to keep the mini book closed.


And for the inside, I added a few square metal embellishments to the flaps, as shown.  I did not add any 3D embellishments to the inside as it would make it quite difficult to close.  Once I inserted the tags into each pocket, I slid the photo clips into place to hold the flaps closed.  Each picture was offset, rather than centered, to accommodate the clips.  You could also use small velcro tabs or magnets, which would be adhered to the trifold before covering it with the paper.



Supplies Used:

GSL Trifold Pocket Mini
GSL Stagger Tags Small
Japanese handmade paper
Prima Tea-Thyme Paper Collection
  Linsey 12x12 paper
  Journaling Notecard set
  Flowers
King's Gold card stock (Neenah)
Collage Images - Geishas (Altered Pages)
Black card stock 
Metal photo clips
Metal embellishments
PVA Glue (or white glue)
Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Gold elastic

I hope you enjoyed today's project.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a super creative day!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment