Hello everyone. Welcome back to my blog, and my first monthly post for The Robin's Nest. Before I get to the project, though, I want to tell you about a fabulous sale going on this month. All tear shaped dew drops are 20% off this month. There are not only new shapes, but new sizes and colors, too! So head on over to the the store and stock up now. We are also teaming up with Mod Podge this month, so I will be using their Mod Podge One-Step Crackle Medium in my project today. This product is awesome and I hope you will also visit their website to check out their line of products as well.
Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I thought it would be appropriate to make a couple of Valentine's cards.
1. Cut a piece of 10" x 6-1/2" Ivory card stock. Fold in half to make 5" x 6-1/2" card.
2. Cut Viva La France card stock 5" x 6-1/2". Add distress ink colors to glittered portions of paper. Punch decorative corners and adhere to front of ivory card.
3. Adhere Princess Glittered card stock to thin chipboard. Die cut heart shape, as shown.
4. Following directions on bottle, apply thin layer of Mod Podge One-Step Crackle Medium to heart shape. Let dry.
5. Die cut scalloped heart shape from reverse side of Viva La France card stock Dab scalloped edges with picket fence distress stain.
|Distress stain dabbed around edge|
|Brown distress ink sponged to edges|
I think this technique makes the edges look a bit like tortoise shell. What do you think?
|Close-up of inked edges|
7. Add same distress ink colors used on the glittered portions of the Viva La France card stock to the crackled heart shape to bring out the crackle, adhere to scalloped heart.
8. Die cut/emboss scroll tag using reverse of Viva La France card stock.
9. Stamp "Heartfelt" in center of tag using pink pigment ink and pastel pink embossing powder.
10. Add pink and orange pigment ink to embossed areas of tag.
11. Attach scroll tag to heart with foam dots.
12. Add three sets of three tear drops to heart shape, as shown, simulating tiny heart shapes.
Below is a close-up of the card front. I think it shows off the beautiful tear shaped dew drops a bit better.
My second card is a bit simpler, but just as pretty, I think.
1. 1. Cut a piece of 10" x 6-1/2" Ivory card stock. Fold in half to make 5" x 6-1/2" card. Ink edges with distress ink.
2. Cut background shape from Valentine card stock using Silhouette Valentine frame image. Adhere to ivory card.
3. Die cut scalloped heart shape from reverse side of Princess Glittered card stock. Distress edges with distress ink.
4. Die cut classic heart shape from Valentine card stock and emboss with Quickutz embossing folder. Adhere to scalloped heart shape.
|Close-up of embossed heart and dew drops|
6. Die cut image of vintage couple dancing from black card stock using Silhouette machine. Adhere image, as shown, slightly beneath flourish.
|Close-up of vintage image beneath flourish|
7. Add Pink letter glitter stickers to form word "LOVE" near bottom of card, as shown. Attach three sets of pale pink tear-shaped dew drops to each corner of card, as shown.
Below is a close-up of the card front. Again, I think this picture shows off the tear-shaped dew drops a bit better, as well as the embossing on the heart shape.
The Robin's Nest Princess Glittered card stock
The Robin's Nest Viva La France card stock
The Robin's Nest Valentine card stock
The Robin's Nest red tear shaped dew drops
The Robin's Nest Pink glitter stickers
Mod Podge One-Step Crackle Medium
10" x 6-1/2" Ivory card stock (folded to make 5" x 6-1/2" card)
Spellbinders Classic Heart Nestabilities die
Spellbinders Classic Scallop Heart Nestabilities die
Spellbinders Fantastic Flourish Two D-Lites die
Cuttlebug Plus Fanciful Labels embossing folder
Silhouette image-vintage couple dancing
Quickutz embossing folder - Diamonds & Dots
Fiskars decorative corner punch
Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Old Paper)
Distress Stain (Picket Fence)
Pigment ink (orange, pink)
Pink Pastel embossing powder
I sure hope you enjoyed my cards and will be so inspired by The Robin's Nest beautiful papers and embellishments that you will stop on over to The Robin's Nest online store to stock up on those fabulous tear shaped dew drops and gorgeous, high quality papers and embellishments. I also want to encourage you to visit The Chattering Robin's blog for more inspiration from the wonderfully talented design team. Oh, and just a quick reminder to enter their monthly design challenge for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate in their online store. How fun is that?
Until next time, I hope everyone has a wonderful, crafty week, and thanks so much for stopping by!