Monday, January 26, 2015

Mixed Media Book Art with DecoArt - Part 2

Welcome back to Part 2 of my mixed media art book with Altered Pages and DecoArt, our January sponsor.  Today, I am going to show you how to make the book pages, also known a signatures, for inside the book.  I will even begin to decorate them for you, hopefully to inspire and get your creative juices flowing. 

But first, I want to show you how to put the two bookscovers together.  Unfortunately, my computer went down before I could finish my last post, so I had to stop short of really finishing the covers.  If you missed it and would like to see how I altered them, you can click here for the tutorial.






Here are the fairy quotes I found online, which I computer-generated and fussy cut to use on my pages.

"Where there is Joy, Laughter and Colour, Fairies will be found!"

"A rustle in the wind reminds us a fairy is near."

"Garden fairies come at dawn, bless the flowers, then they're gone."


Altered Pages Supplies:
Color ATC Red1724 Collage Backgrounds GreenMailboxFairy Dreams collage sheets
Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells paper pad
Muse Dragonfly stamp set
Faber-Castell Gelatos
Fire Red Glitter
Serviette Papers
Dyeable Seam Binding
5x7 Canvas Art Boards
Tags and Postcards
Glitz Design journaling sticker
Glitz What-Nots Embellishment Collection
Black StazOn ink
UltraFine Mist Sprayer

DecoArt Media acrylic paints, mists, and mediums

Other supplies:  book cloth, paper punches, awl or paper piercing tool, dies, metal embellishments, gem swirls stickers


Be sure to stop by the Altered Pages blog to enter the giveaway of DecoArt Products and a very useful Brayer from AlteredPages.   (total value $35.00)  Just share our blog posts on YOUR social media pages/sites to be eligible.    Comment there and let them know where you posted!   Facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, google+ !"


I hope you enjoyed my project today.  It is a work in progress, and I will continue sharing pages as I go along. 


Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!


Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic pages Barbara! Love all the stenciled detail! So artistic and creative!

    ReplyDelete