Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Independence Day!



Hello everyone, and welcome to my first post as part of the new The Robin's Nest Design Team.  I am ecstatic to be here and to share my creativity with you for the next six months.  Of course, with their beautiful papers and embellishments, The Robin's Nest makes it very easy for me to be creative.   My first piece is a scrapbook page layout using the 4th of July theme.

 

First, I loosely cut out the stars design along the bottom of the Glitter Blue Stars Border paper.  This is double-sided paper, and the pretty solid blue color is on the back.  So, I turned the paper over to the blue side, lined up the bottom straight edge with another piece of the Glitter Blue Stars Border and adhered them both together.  To make the bottom pocket, I adhered the piece I cut from the top and placed it at the bottom, using foam tape along the bottom and side edges only.  Now you have a place to keep journaling cards or small bits of ephemera.


I cut out the words "Statue of Liberty" and "Land of the Free" from the Glitter America Words paper and pop-dotted them for dimension.  I also inked the edges with a little bit of silver paint.  Both pictures of the statue of liberty were torn with a ruler from the Lady Liberty paper, edged with a bit of brown ink, and layered onto a mat of Nautical Stripes paper.  I used the Nautical Stripes paper to make a rosette and adhered the Starburst diecuts to the top of the rosette and atop the matted pictures on the page, as shown.  Each starburst was embellished with red diamond-shaped Liberty dew drops.  Blue and white dew drops (also from Liberty) are sprinkled about the page for added glitz.  


I made a journaling tag by adhering the tag sticker from the USA sticker sheet to the wrong side of Nautical Stripes.  Then I trimmed the excess Nautical Stripes paper from around the tag shape, inked with a bit of red ink, and added the Independence Day file tab sticker to the top of the tag.  


The cute little mini clothespins were clipped onto the top of the pocket edge and the top of the tag for added bling.  You could use these little clips to attach your bits of memorabilia.

All of the dew drops were attached using dew dew glue, itty bitty dots of glue.  This made attaching the dew drops easier than ever.   


Robin's Nest Products used: 


12 x 12 paper - Glitter America Words
12 x 12 paper - Lady Liberty
12 x 12 paper - Glitter Blue Stars Border
12 x 12 paper - Nautical Stripe
Sticker sheet - USA
Dew Drops - Liberty
Paper Clips - Patriot Stars
Glitter Die Cut Fireworks 
Dew Dew Glue 


I hope you enjoyed my project, and please be sure to take a look at the beautiful papers and embellishments that The Robin's Nest has to offer.  I also encourage you to come back often to see what the other wonderful artists on the design team will have to share with you.  Click here if you would like to see more art projects using The Robin's Nest papers and embellishments.



Have a happy and safe holiday!

Barbara

1 comment: