Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tips and Techniques Thursday

Good grief!  It's Thursday again already.  Is it just me, or is time flying by?

Anyway, so glad you stopped by.  I have a couple of tips for you today that are some oldies but goodies.  My first tip for the day is about releasing stubborn paper from some of your wafer-thin die cuts, like Spellbinders and Quickutz, that have not or cannot be foamed.  I have some very intricate label dies from Spellbinders that really cannot be foamed because, if you foam them,  then you cannot emboss with them after die-cutting.   So, if you place a piece of wax paper between the paper and the die, it will help the paper release more easily.
This photo shows the wax paper still attached to the paper, released from the die in one piece.

Die used, paper and wax paper released in tact on the left, piece torn on the right without using wax paper.
Now, just to prove a point, I  ran the die through the machine with the embossing mat, with the wax paper still in tact, and I believe you can see the embossing on the paper, as well as on the wax paper, after it released from the die.

And how about storing all of those embossing folders you own.  I found that a DVD storage box works perfectly for storing my embossing folders.  They are just the right size and hold quite a few.  I like to place a label with the name of the embossing folder at the top so I can flip through them to see what I have.  The label is on the outside of the folder, so I won't affect the embossing in any way.


I got these boxes at Wal-mart in the office section.  They came in different colors.

Well, once again, thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful week, and check back on Monday to see my newest Robin's Nest Design Team project posting.    

Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment