Monday, June 8, 2015

Time for Wine Pocket Letter™ with Altered Pages

Hello Altered Pages fans! The AP design team has some fun in store for you this month.  We are partnering with Jannette Lane, who started Pocket Letters™, and Altered Pages is sponsoring a Pocket Letters™ swap as well.  You can find all the details about the swap, as well as a brief video tutorial about this fun new letter form, at the end of this post.

Here is my version of a Pocket Letter™.   I left this fairly flat, (no dimension) which is so unlike me, but if you want to mail it, it might be wise to do so.  Folded up, this will fit into a #10 envelope.  



These pockets will hold paper that measures 2-1/2" x 3-1/2", just like an ATC or sports trading card.  I first used the cream 
Paper ATC Cardstock Pack as my base for each of my little pocket treasures.  Next, I printed my digital images and cut them to ATC size.  Some images were fussy cut and adhered to the base images.  I distressed the edges of all papers with the Ranger Blending Tool and Brilliance Coffee Bean ink pad.  I used the Forest Green Silks acrylic glaze to color the German Scrap  orners, and hit the high spots with the Delicata Golden Glitz ink pad.

On the back, I used these illuminated letters from, I believe, a retired Mailbox Muse kit, called Alphapalooza.  Funny thing, I was able to spell my name with the letters on this collage sheet.  So I decided to use them as my signature.  In the two remaining pockets, I added a few trinkets to give to my recipient, a couple of flattened bottle caps, some light bulb safety pins, and some wooden game pieces, all available from Altered Pages



Altered Pages Supplies used:
Collage Sheets:  Pocket Quotes 2365; Wine for DinnerTime Collage BackgroundsAn Assortment;  2091 New Year's Revelry; Alphapalooza (Retired Mailbox Muse Kit)
Protector Pages for ATCs
Paper ATC Cardstock Packs (cream)
Ephemera Treasures
Delicata Golden Glitz ink pad
Brilliance Coffee Bean ink pad
Ranger Blending Tool
German Scrap (corners)
Kraft Paper Clocks
Light Bulb safety pins

Other supplies used:
ColourArte Silks:  Forest Green


Here is a basic tutorial, in case you are wondering what Pocket Letters are.






POCKET LETTER SWAP
How to join swap: 
How to join the AlteredPages.com Pocket Letter™ swap: 
1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlteredPagesArtsociates/ On FACEBOOK 
2. At top of the group page the “EVENT” will be pinned. You can access the SWAP via this link. 
3. Or you can click the “events” under the banner to get to the event listings page, and click into the swap.
4. Once you are on the “events” page, you must click up in the upper right hand corner to join the swap.
5. Now you are registered and will be on the list for the swap….this is how you are allowed into the SWAP! At this point you can access the free collage selections for use in your pages.
6. The swap will be open on June 1 and sign ups accepted until June 20.
7. On June 21-- A listing of random partners will be created and posted on the event page June 22.
8. You have until June 30 to mail out your Pocket Letter™ to your partner.
9. PLEASE connect with your partner to get address information. You may want to decide what kind of Pocket letter theme/colors/ topic you wish to send to each other.


I hope you are having as much fun as the AP design team is having sharing their versions of these  "quite addictive" Pocket Letters™.  Best of all, you can get everything you need to make yours right here at Altered Pages!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderfully creative week!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment