Friday, July 20, 2018

How to Make and Use Your DIY Embellishments - Ideas and Project

Hi everyone!   Today I've got another video to share in my new DIY Embellishments series.  We are going to pick up right where we left off earlier this week from my previous video.  You can click here to see it.

Now, since I started this new series on making your own DIY embellishments, I've had questons from viewers about what to do with them.  I have mentioned a few ideas in my previous videos, but today I am going to start off with some actual visual ideas, and then I will alter a mini composition book cover with ColourArte Primary Elements Artiste Pigments and Silks Acrylic Glaze, and then paint some of these smaller pieces shown earlier.






CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL

ColourArte Supplies Used:
Primary Elements Artiste Pigments:
  Solar Gold
  Sea Glass
  Black Emerald
Silks Acrylic Glaze
  Rusty Mauve
  Mediterranean Blue
The Solution Acrylic Wash Medium

Other Supplies Used:
Permastone casting compound
Product Packaging
Mini Composition Book
Decorative print paper
Liquitex white gesso
DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze
Claudine Helmuth Studio Multi-Medium Matte
Tim Holtz Ideaology Remnant Rubs - Life Quotes
Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue

I hope I have been able to give you some ideas and inspiration for using these fun DIY embellishments, and hopefully peaked your interest in making your own embellishments from things you probably already have in your craft stash.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a super fun and crafty day!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. Barbara! I always love your video tutorials! What a cool idea to create your own embellies! Thank you so much for taking the time to make the video and share with us!
    Hope your summer is warm,but not HOT!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jackie. I am so glad you enjoyed the tutorial. I have been having way too much fun making these. LOL Hope you are having a great summer, too, Hugs, Barbara xo

    ReplyDelete