Friday, July 6, 2018

New Series: Make Your Own Embellishments with ColourArte - PermaStone and Product Packaging

Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing my second video tutorial in my new how to series on making your own embellishments.  I have so many ideas in my head for things to use, and I also get even more inspiration from online websites like Pinterest, as well as some of the many talented artists' blogs.

Today, I will show you how I used the plastic packaging from products I purchased as molds.  If I liked the shape, whether a circle, rectangle, heart, square, etc., I put it to use.  These make excellent substrates for your embellishments, and I even decided to use one of them as a key holder.  But what they all have in common is that I used ColourArte Primary Elements powdered pigments an Vivid Ultra Metallics to bring them to life.

So please check out my video tutorial for some fun ideas, and hopefully spark some inspiration with you!



CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL


ColourArte Supplies Used:

Primary Elements Powder Pigment

Guatemalan Green
  Merlot
  Bronze Medallion
  Hot Cinnamon

Vivid Ultra Metallics
  China Black
  True Silver

The Solution Acrylic Wash Medium

Other Supplies Used:

DecoArt Media Matte Medium
DecoArt Media Ultra-Matte Varnish
Print Napkin for decoupaging
Plastic product packaging
Activa Permastone Casting Compound
Ranger Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE)
Heat tool
Ranger Black Puffs Embossing Powder
Ranger Crackle Accents
Ki Memories Gloo (or any metal glue)
Miss Lillian's Azure Embellishing Butter
Metal keyholes, buttons, hitch fastener
Jet Black Archival Ink Pad
Versamark Ink Pad
Assorted brushes
Rhinestones

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have a crafty day!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment