Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Dragonfly Embroidery Hoop Redux with ColourArte

Hi everyone!  Today, I want to share a mixed media project that I made a couple of years ago, but I was not really happy with how it turned out.  I just could not figure out what I needed to do to improve it.  Fast forward two years, and here is my "new and improved" redo.  Okay, I am very easily entertained, but when you see the "before" and "after", you will have to admit that it is now much more colorful.  I have also added much more texture and interest to the piece.

Here is my video tutorial where I show you what I did differently.   Mainly, I used the ColourArte Vivid Ultra Metallics, which did not even exist at the time of my first video.


CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL

If you are interested, I have also included my first video process here.  In it, I show you how I stiffened the fabric with Paverpol, and attached it into the embroidery hoop.  You may, also, learn a few techniques and uses for some of the other ColourArte products.  



ColourArte Supplies Used:
Vivid Ultra Metallics
  Black Cherry
  Burnt Umber
  Moss Green
  Daffodil
  Bolivian Blue
  Douglas Fir
Radiant Rains Colour Concentrate (Dabbers)
  Mediterranean
  Nutmeg
  Plumeria
  Yellow Rose

Other Supplies Used:
Liquitex White Gesso
Prima Metallique Wax
  Vintage Gold
  Bronze Age
Clear Glue Pen (Paper Studio)
Gold Mini Glass Beads
Metallic Jade Glass Beads (Judi-Kins)
Beadazzles (Suze Weinberg)
  Macarena
  Jazz

Whether you prefer my redo or not, I hope you enjoyed watching the processes used, and perhaps I was able to inspire you to make a canvas using only a simple embroidery hoop and a piece of fabric.  You can pick and choose the techniques and/or products you prefer, and most importantly, you can have a blast while you do it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you will consider subscribing to my channel so that YouTube will let me continue to bring more videos to you.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!!!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment