Monday, November 4, 2013

Altered Pages November Challenge

Hey there everyone.  It's time for the Altered Pages Monthly Challenge again.  This month, the theme is Elves and Gnomes.  Here is my DT inspiration piece for this month's challenge.  Yes, I did say DT, and I am so honored and excited to be asked to join the Altered Pages Design Team.

It is a simple little tag that could be used on the front of a card, a gift bag, or simply as a tag.
I started with a #8 size shipping tag from the office supply store, covered it with Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium paper, layered the AP 2070 Reindeers and Elves collage sheet onto another piece of G45 paper, and adhered that to tag.  

The snowflake rosette was cut from a piece of glitter swirl paper from the Robin's Nest, and embellished with a gold dew drop.  

I added a berry twig and decorative ribbon from my stash to the bottom of the tag.  Then cut the words 'Tis the Season into a banner shape from another sheet of the G45 paper and adhered over the twig and ribbon.

A strip of the German Scrap border and red seam binding were added at the top.

Get an early start on those Christmas projects and show us your art.  Click here for all the challenge details and join in the fun.  

Have a wonderful week!

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. Stunning Barbara, love what you did here and big congrats, you'll be a fantastic addition to their team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture of this tag and my Christmas Emporium paper just arrived- I am excited to use it! Love the AP image you chose-very nice!!

    ReplyDelete