Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 2016 Craft Hoarders Anonymous Monthly Blog Hop

Welcome to the April Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop! You should be coming to my blog from Teresa Horner's  blog. After visiting me, hop over to Tracey Sabella's  blog next! To start at the beginning of the hop, and for the full list of Bloggers, go to Gloria's Blog!



As the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers, so I naturally wanted to make something very Spring-like with lots of flowers.  I've had this fabulous watering can die from Eileen Hull for a bit now, and I could not think of a better use for my Spring project.  


I bought these pretty floral sprays for my projects, but you could certainly make your own flowers, too.  





I  have a few simple details about how this came together.  There are instructions with the die, but I put mine together a bit differently.  After covering a piece of scoreboard with this piece of hammered metal looking paper that I have had for over a decade, I ran these pieces through my die cut machine.



To make these pieces work my way,  had to trim about 3/8" from the short section of the strip.  



Before attaching the side strips to the watering can, I added some of the same paper to the parts that would be exposed, as shown.



I attached the strips along the sides, with the short piece at the top of the watering can, instead of at the bottom, as instructed.  



I used an awl to poke holes in these sections so that I could insert tiny flower stems in them, just like you would use a frog in your flower vase.  I punched many more than shown here, but you get the idea.  


I darkened the white edges of the scoreboard by using a makeup sponge with Walnut Stain distress stain. 




I colored a miniature bookplate with copper metallic paste, added the words "Jardin de Fleurs" in the center, and added two metal stickers from TPC Studios, shown below.  Now, I have been hoarding these for quite awhile.  I will probably never see these again, and that is scary.  After all, isn't that why we hoard?  



The bookplate was added to the side of the watering can, as shown in the photos above.  The last thing I did was to add a bit of gilder's paste to the can to "age" it a bit.  Oh, and I found a little butterfly laying on my floor.  Don't know where he came from, but I gave him a home on one of the flower stem.  

Supplies used:

Sizzix Scoreboards XL die - Watering Can 3D by Eileen Hull
Gypsy Soul Miniature Bookplates
Bronze hammered metal look paper
Red Liner Tape
Gilder's Paste (copper, German silver, patina)
Flower sprays 

Here is the list of the participating Bloggers. Make sure to hop along and say hello! 

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop List:
Gloria Stengel
Donna Idlet
Pam Bray

Karen Zueger-Brownell
Glenda Brooks

Teresa Horner
Barbara Rankin (you are here)
Tracey Sabella

Marisa Job
Debbie Seyer
Wendi Robinson


I hope we have inspired you to join us every month and de-hoard those supplies! 

Have a wonderful and creative weekend, but most of all, have fun!!!

Barbara

5 comments:

  1. I love this...beautiful project for spring..love your work! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Spring project! I love that watering can and your flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cool decor piece!!!! totally gorgeous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So unique and actually looks real! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This looks REAL. You are so amazing! I bow to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete