Friday, March 17, 2017

How to Color Faces for your Art Journal

This is a process video showing how to draw and color faces for your art journaling.  Stencils, pastes, and other mediums are used in this video tutorial to help you get started playing with faces in your art.  This is actually my first attempt at face drawing, but I hope I have taken the fear out of it.  By doing this in your art journal will also help remove that fear and allow you to play, and practice to help improve your drawing skills.





ColourArte Supplies Used:

Silks Acrylic Glaze
  Oyster
  Rustic Rose
  Kiwi
  Pixie Pink
  Rusty Mauve
  Azurite
Vivid Ultra Metallics
  Siam White
  China Black
Radiant Gels
  Celedon

Other Supplies Used:

Dylusions 5"x8" art journal
Graphite Texture Paste
Stencils
  TCW585-Inspired Words
  Dylusions DYS44284-Diamond Large
  FolkArt 31476-Ornamental Flower
Fineline Applicator
Dynasty Brushes
  16 Flat
  6 Round
  5/0 Angler
LePen black marker
Fudeball black pen
Dylusions White Linen paint pen
Finnabair Don't Forget to Fly cling stamp set

I hope you enjoyed my attempt at face drawing.  More importantly, I hope I have been able to remove your fear of trying this by using your art journal for such purposes.  No one has to see your beginning pieces except you, and after all, practice does make perfect.  So I hope will will join me on my journey of, hopefully, improving my drawing skills and sharing my efforts with you.

As always, I appreciate you so much for stopping by, and if you feel inclined, please leave me a comment  and perhaps follow my blog so you can see my hopeful attempts at improvement.

Have a wonderful day, and take time to play!

Barbara xo

3 comments:

  1. Loved watching the process. Love how it turned out!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for watching.

      Delete