Monday, May 5, 2014

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Challenge #7 with Sin City Stamps

Hello everyone.  This month, the Sin City Stamps design team is participating in the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog challenge this month.  Today's challenge #7 is to use fiber of any kind, such as ribbon, lace, twine, yarn, fabric, or just about anything that could be construed as "fiber".  In addition, the design team will be combining Sin City Stamps stamps, along with the use of the challenge items.  Both blogs will be giving away these fabulous prizes, so be sure to visit each of the blogs and leave a comment to be entered to win.  
Sin City Stamps Prize Giveaway


Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog Prize Giveaway
For my challenge entry, I chose to make a sewing themed card.  Yes, sewing and fibers, why not?
I love the Dressform stamp plate from Sin City Stamps, and I seem to be on this paper tole kick lately.  So, I decided to use different papers to "color" my stamped image.  This meant stamping my image three times onto three different pieces of paper and fussy cutting out the various parts of it.  I used colored pencils to color the pole and stand for the dress form.
Layer each piece, one on top of the next, to complete the image.  You can adhere some of the layers with foam tape for dimension, if you like.  I did not lift these layers, but instead, chose to lift the whole dress form instead.  (See photo below).
I bought this huge roll of ribbon from Costco because I fell in love with the tiny flower trim on the edges.  I cut the flowers and trim away from the central ribbon to adhere to my dress form image. 
 They are so tiny and perfect for layering onto smaller stamped images, such as this.
 I colored some ivory seam binding with Spun Sugar distress stain, bunched up the ribbon into tiny ruffled balls to make these very vintage looking ribbon flowers.  Adding the Prima zipper pull and a handmade hat pin to the flowers just made it for me.
 I needed one more element, so I used half of a Tim Holtz journaling ticket, stamped Treasure from the  Mannequin Tags 2 stamp plate in black Versafine ink, and added three tiny sewing snaps in keeping with the sewing theme.  All of my papers were edged with black soot distress ink.
Here, you can see where I die cut the Resplendent Rectangles from two of the 7Gypsies print paper pad and layered them together, then popped both the rectangles and the dress form for that dimension I so love. Oh yes, I also added crochet lace trim to the top and bottom for more vintage goodness.


Supplies used:

Sin City Stamps:  Dressform; Mannequin Tags 2
Crochet lace trim (Hobby Lobby)
Ribbon flower trim (Costco)
5/8" ivory seam binding
Versamark ink pad
Black Onyx VersaFine ink pad
Black Soot distress ink
Spun Sugar distress stain
Black detail embossing powder
7Gypsies Gypsy Market 6"x6" paper pad
Bazzill cardstock:  Light Rosey (7" x 10")
Kraft Core-dinations cardstock: Rose
Metal zipper (Prima)
Journaling Tickets (Tim Holtz)
Spellbinders die:  Resplendent Rectangles
Colored pencils:  Sienna Brown, Raw Umber
Hat pin, beads

I hope you have been inspired by my "fiber" filled project today.  I have included links to each of the blogs for your convenience.  Please be sure to visit each blog and leave a comment to let them know you were there and to enter to win one of these fabulous prizes.  And please be sure to visit the Sin City Stamps online store for all of your stamping needs.

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Design Team
Amber Milone 

Thanks for stopping by, good luck on the giveaway, and have a wonderful, crafty week!

Barbara

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sewing Card, love all the fabulous elements...Thanks for being a part of the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! I love the dress form and the pretty pieces you got from that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, love the corset! Thanks for being a part of the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is simply wonderful. I love the corset and all your fun uses of ribbon! Thanks also for your hard work pulling this event together! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a beautiful piece. I love the dress form and the corset! We are so glad to have you join us for this challenge blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Barbara! I really like the way you combined stamps and fibers in this very pretty card. The paper tole technique is so much fun! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, your card is beautiful. I love all the details in your card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that is gorgeous! Totally loved the ribbon from Costco (been there, done that!). the layering is amazing :-) So glad to be on the team with you so I can enjoy your talent on a regular basis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Card Barbara, I love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your project! So much detail and surprise within it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! The dressform and corset are wonderful, and I love the sewing notions you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time after time you knock my socks off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the layering of the dressform - looks so cool, and the little zipper head is perfect for the theme. Gorgeous vintage look too...Great inspiration for the Craft Hoarders challenge, thank you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete