Thursday, March 17, 2016

Holiday Cards with Gypsy Soul

Top o' the morning to you all.  Since today is St. Patty's Day, I thought I would make a couple of cards, but the first one is to wish you all a Happy St. Patrick's Day!  And since Easter is next week, I made an Easter card to wish you a Happy Easter!



So let's start with the St. Patrick's Day card.



I cut a piece of green card stock to make a folded 5"x7" card base.  I next cut a piece of green print paper to 4-1/2" x 6".  This leaves some card showing at the top, so I trimmed the print border and added it at the top of the card.




Cut decorative tags and layer onto purple print paper cut slightly smaller.  Adhere to card, as shown.



I chose these GSL chipboard pieces to use for my card.  (TIP:  I like to lay them out and see just how many I might need and how they will look.)  



I used chalk ink pads, direct to chipboard, to color my chipboard pieces.  The shamrocks were colored with two greens and then highlighted with the gold ink pad.  The wishbone charm was colored with the white and bisque chalk ink pad, while the mini bookplate was colored with the wisteria ink pad.  For the horseshoe, I used the silver and black ink pads.  



I adhered the chipboard pieces to my card front, as shown.  Lastly, I tied a bow and attached the wishbone charm to the bow with a vintage safety pin.

Now, for the Easter card, I was going for a more shabby chic look.  I made an A2 (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") size card from purple card stock.  I found this pretty laser cut white paper in my stash and adhered that, along with the purple decorative paper cut to fit in the space.


Once again, I selected my chipboard pieces that I thought would work, and I laid them out to see how I wanted to place them on the card.


I mixed the chalk paints on my craft sheet and applied two or more colors to each piece, withe the exception of the "Happy Easter" piece, which was computer generated onto a piece of purple paper and adhered to the label center.


Each piece was adhered to the card front, as shown.  A pretty lavender bow as tied and adhered at the bottom of the eggs.  One last tiny sentiment from the decorative paper was adhered beneath the eggs for balance.

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Products Used:

4 Leaf Clover Set (coming soon)
Other Products Used:
Paper: Olive Green card stock; Graphic 45 Time to Flourish; Secret Garden
Ink: Colorbox Chalk (Lime Pastel, Olive Pastel, Wisteria, Alabaster, Bisque); Brilliance: Platinum Planet, Graphite 
Black, Galaxy Gold
Chalk Paint:  Paper Artsy (Smurf, Hyde Park, Snowflake, Vintage Lace, Rose, Vanilla)
Mini glue dots; foam dots
Seam binding: Green, Lavender

I hope you enjoyed my cards today and are inspired to at least make a few Easter cards before the holiday.  In the meantime, have a wonderful and very holiday.

Thanks for stopping by.

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards Barbara, - it's good to come visiting again, love what you did with all those wonderful bits and pieces and such a great colour combo too! Happy St Patrick's Day. I always think it's funny that is so big in the US, here nobody celebrates it.....

    ReplyDelete