Monday, March 18, 2013

Easter Greetings Center Stepper Card

Epiphany Crafts
Happy Easter TRN fans!  I hope you are enjoying your week and the prospect of Spring.  And with Spring comes new beginnings.  The colors of Spring are so vibrant, with new growth everywhere.  The Robin's Nest crackle glitter card stocks are just perfect for this time of year.  And best of all, along with the matching neon dew drops, they are a whopping 20% off this month.

If you have an electronic die cutting machine, you can easily cut out this center stepper card.  However, they are just as easy to make without the use of a machine.  Simply follow my template and you have your base.



Cut, score, and fold purple crackle card stock as shown. (See template below).


I cut my bunnies and baby duck images from white velour paper using my Silhouette machine.


I also cut the cracked eggs  and rectangle layers using my Silhouette.


After inking all of the paper edges with coordinating inks, I began assembling the pieces.   I added my blue glitter crackle cs pieces to each corresponding section of the base.


Next, I colored my ducks with distress stains.


Add some orange color to the duck's feet and around the edges for shading.  I used a water brush to spread the color a bit.


I used a distress marker to mark my bunnies noses and ears, as shown.


Before adhering the cracked egg, place the larger duck on the front of your card.



Use your fingers to gently mold the bottom and top of the cracked egg, attached a couple of foam dots in the center, and apply a line of white glue along the outer edge.


Attach the cracked egg pieces over the duck, as shown.  You want to make it appear that he is emerging from the egg.


Carry the theme to the inside of your card by attaching the remaining die cut pieces to the inside, as shown.  Stamp your sentiment to the right using Versamark ink and white embossing powder.



 I had a few bits and pieces left over, and I still wanted to show you how fun the Epiphany Crafts punches and bubbles are.  So, I decided to make an Easter tag.  It would really personalize your Easter basket gift for that someone special.


 Die cut two label shapes and one egg shape from blue and purple crackle glitter papers.  Reverse and layer the papers, as shown.


 Using the Epiphany star punch, insert your paper into the punch, aligning the part of the design you want to appear inside the bubble.


 Insert the star bubble inside the opening, close the lid, and punch out your beautiful new star embellishment.


Epiphany Crafts punches are wonderful tools to have, and as you can see in the picture below, they make your embellishments very professional looking.  


 Add some cute little mini neon dew drops, not only to the egg, but also to the tops of the star bubbles, for added dimension and fun.

side view of tag
 Robin's Nest Products Used:

Blue Glitter Crackle CS
Purple Glitter Crackle CS
Pink Glitter Crackle CS
Orange Glitter Crackle CS

Neon Dew Drops

Other Products Used:

Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Star 25 punch and bubble shapes
Silhouette die cut machine and images
White velour paper
Distress ink (Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry, Faded Jeans)
Distress Stain (Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon)
Distress Marker (Spun Sugar)
Water brush
Versamark ink pad
Easter Greetings (Penney Black) rubber stamp
White embossing powder


I want to thank you for stopping by today, and I hope you will take a little time to visit the Robin's Nest 
online store to check out the fabulous sale going on this month.  And while you are browsing, check Epiphany Crafts web site to see all of their wonderful products, as well.

Have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment