Greetings everyone. Can you believe it is March already? Spring is just around the corner. And best of all, The Robin's Nest is offering 20% off of their beautiful Crackle Glitter card stock this month. This paper is absolutely gorgeous. It has glittering crackle on one side and solid matching color on the reverse. And wait, that's not all. We are also teaming up with Epiphany Crafts this month. They are another wonderful company that makes it easy for you to create your own embellishments using your own papers. When I saw the star punch, along with these glittery papers, I immediately thought about being a rock star. I have to admit that I was having so much fun, I could not stop. Warning: This card is not for the minimalist. So, let's get started.
1. Cut Purple Crackle Glitter card stock to 5" x 6-1/2" to cover an A7 size white card.
2. Cut gears overlay from Orange Crackle Glitter card stock using Silhouette electronic die cut machine.
3. Add gold hammered metal look paper behind some of the gear shapes.
4. Attach metal gears to paper gears with brads.
5. Adhere gears overlay onto purple background.
6. Add Neon Mini dew drops along gear shapes.
7. Punch star shapes from Purple Crackle Glitter card stock using the Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool Star 25 punch and coordinating bubble caps.
These are so easy to make. First, insert paper into punch, aligning a section inside the tool, and insert bubble cap through punch opening.
Close lid, punch, and remove ready assembled epoxy embellishment. Could not be easier. And the best part is that your embellishment matches your project.
9. After assembling the pieces, I drew lines for guitar strings, added tiny bits of a flourish die cut from Valentine card stock, and blue Neon Mini dew drops, as shown.
10. Attach the guitar to the front of the card with pop dots for added dimension.
11. Punch two wings from Blue Crackle Glitter card stock. Remember to reverse the punch so that you will get mirror images of the wings. Ask me how I know this.
12. Gently shape the wings with your fingers and attach the wings to the neck of the guitar.
13. For the inside of the card, I decided to make a quick pop-up. I die cut the phrase "Party Like A" and "Rock Star" from Blue Crackle Glitter card stock. I used the reverse side to make the shadow piece under "Rock Star", and a tiny piece of orange beneath the banner.
14. Die cut a label shape from Orange Crackle Glitter card stock and adhere to card inside.
I used something I just recently purchased called an action wobble. It is a plastic spring with adhesive on both sides. When attached beneath your image, it "wobbles". I thought this would be fun for a partying rock star.
Robin's Nest Supplies used:Blue Crackle Glitter card stock
Orange Crackle Glitter card stock
Purple Crackle Glitter card stock
Valentine card stock
Neon Mini dew drops
Other supplies used:
Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool Star 25 punch
Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Accessories Bubble Caps Star 25
McGill angel wings punch
Spellbinders Fantastic Flourish Two D-Lites die
Black foam dots
Gold hammered metal paper
Tim Holtz metal gears and brads
I sure hope you enjoyed my rather wild, but fun, card today. And don't forget to check out the Robin's Nest online store, as well as the Chattering Robin's blog, and the monthly design challenge.
Have a wonderful, creative week.