Thursday, June 13, 2013

Authentique Father's Day Cards

Hi there, blog friends!  Welcome back to my blog.  Today, I want to share a couple of Father's Day cards I made using the new Authentique Strong collection.  

My first card uses the reverse side of Mighty (crosswords).  I embossed it with the Spellbinders gears embossabilities folder, inked with all three distress inks, and cut around the embossing.  
I glued it to the front of an ivory pre-folded card, added a sentiment from the Foundations paper, metal gears and some square metal stickers.  Voila!  Fast and easy card.  
I carried the theme to the inside using some more of the Foundations phrases to finish it off.  It is now ready to sign and send.
My second card is very similar to my first.  I just changed up the papers a bit.  I embossed the Marvelous CS with the same embossabilities folder, inked with the same three distress inks, trimmed around the embossing and adhered it to a pre-folded ivory card.
I added some metal gears and square metal stickers, and again, another fast and easy card!
More sentiments from the Foundations paper added to the inside to finish off my second card.  


Supplies used:
Authentique Strong Collection (Mighty, Marvelous, is yellow dots, words from Foundations)
Ivory pre-folded card (4-1/2" x 6-1/2") (Hobby Lobby)
Spellbinders 3D Embossabilities (E3D-002)
Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Antique Linen)
Tim Holtz Ideaology gears
Square metal stickers (Michaels)

I hope you enjoyed my simple, fast and easy cards today.  Just let the paper collection work for you and you can make a card or cards in no time!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and can spend some valuable time with their father on Father's Day.

Barbara





No comments:

Post a Comment