For my project, I chose to do something that makes me think of Fall. I began with a piece I found in the local charity shop. It started out like this ...
... and ended up like this.
I totally love the way this turned out. I used Graphic 45's Renaissance Collection of papers and cut outs. Below, you can see the fair lady bringing in the last basket of roses for the season. I adhered her to heavy chipboard before coating her with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. Unfortunately, this made it hard to get a real clear picture, but she does have a mysterious sparkle about her.
I love mixed media, and here is a perfect example of why. I started with green German scrap borders and corner pieces, painted them with Vintaj Patinas, brown acrylic paint, and even added some Brilliance Lightning Black ink to them. You just keep going until you get the look you want. The bird, also pictured below, is a German die cut.
I added some Prima vines in a Fall color scheme, a Graphic 45 metal butterfly with decorative brad that I colored with Vintaj Patinas, and a cute little bird's nest. A few pretty feathers were added here and there.
Be sure to visit each and every one of the other blogs participating in this two-day event.
The lineup is shown below so you won't miss a thing.
1. Pammejo http://www.pammejo-scrapbookflair.com/
2. Nicole http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.com/
3. Betty http://scrappybetty.blogspot.com/
4. Gloria http://www.gloriascraps.blogspot.com/
5 .Irit http://iritshalom.blogspot.com/
6. Christine www.scrapbookingtechnique.blogspot.com
7. Debbie - http://studiobeecreations.blogspot.com/
8. Jennifer - http://hydrangeahippo.com/
9. Jess B. - http://thatzuneek.blogspot.com/
10. Barbara R. - http://blackholeartstudio.blogspot.com/ - You Are Here
11. Shelley http://heartstring-designs.blogspot.com/
12. Candice - http://candicewindhamdesigns.blogspot.com/
13. Eileen http://eileenhull.blogspot.com/
I had so very much fun with this project, and I hope you have been inspired to make something from someone else's throw away, just as I did. Thanks for stopping by, and please come back soon.