Thursday, January 17, 2013

CHA Anaheim 2013 Product Favorites

Hello everyone, and welcome back to my blog.  I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to go to CHA this year with my good travel buddy, Candice Windham, and Joyce Shaver, who met us there.  So,  I just wanted to share  some of the new products I fell in love with.

First up would be Graphic 45's two new collections, Secret Garden and French Country.  For your convenience, I have linked to each so you can see the entire collection.

Secret Garden Collection
French Country Collection


Next would be the new Prima Marketing paper collections.  I fell in love with these four, but my wallet is already moaning because I want them all.
Engraver
Lyric

Anna Dabrowski has a new line of metal embellishments that are absolutely to die for.  I cannot wait to get my  hands on these.  Here is a picture of the beautiful headband I made with Anna using her metal embellishments. 





Of course, Tim Holtz had quite a few new and wonderful products to show.  I fell in love with his new Sizzix dies collection and Distress paints, which are very much like milk paint, a bit translucent and chalk-like.  Here is a make-n-take card I made at the Ranger booth using Tim's new Eiffel Tower die, crinkle ribbon, stencil clips, ring fasteners, and mini wishbones.  The card base is one of his new cabinet card frames.


Sizzix is also introducing Thinlits, and I absolutely love Eileen Hull's newest collection, From the Heart, which is wonderful for Valentine's Day.  She also has another collection called Picket Fence, which I am told will not be available until June.  This line is so "me" because it is very botanical, and contains birds and bird houses, fences, a watering can, and anything you might find in your garden.

Spellbinders has also done it again with their new line, Media Mixage.  They have teamed up with Susan Lennart Kazmer and made dies to match her bezels for easing cutting.  If you are a mixed media "nut" like me, you are going to love this new line.  They have also come up with the most beautiful dies they call "Imperial Gold", and these dies not only cut with a laser cut quality, but also emboss, deboss (like letter pressing), and stencil.  They use them with a scratch paper product made by Royal & Langnickel, similar to the black-coated paper board in their engraving kits.   After you run this paper through the machine, it embosses and cuts the paper, and then you gently sand away the black coating to reveal the most beautiful gold metal color.  Oooooh, so pretty.  Here is a make-n-take card I made at their booth.

Spellbinders card using Imperial Gold Die
Well, I hope you have enjoyed my first installment of what I saw at the CHA convention in Anaheim.  BlueMoonScrapbooking made several you tube videos that you can also check out by clicking here.  As I think of more, I will post and let you know what I think was really super.  So please check back when you have some time to see what other fun products await you.  

As always, thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting to you all!

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, thanks for sharing, I am with you can't wait to see everything NEW!!!!

    ReplyDelete