Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Graphic 45 Secret Garden Birthday Card

Hey everyone.  I  have a quick post for you today.  I wanted to share a birthday card I made for my wonderful sister-in-law, using scraps I had lying on my table after the previous project.  I had made a shadow box using Graphic 45's Secret Garden collection, so all of these bits and pieces were laying there waiting to be utilized.  

I just had a bit of this paper left, just enough to fit across the top of the card, but not enough to fit vertically.  So, I found some blue CS to be the card base, and fussy cut the top portion of the scrap I had.  I glued it down across the top,  I was beginning to feel like I was underneath some shade trees in a garden.  Now I wanted the bottom portion to look like a fenced in area, so I cut the border from one piece and the gate from another section, and glued them down, leaving the top free of glue, forming a pocket to insert my tags, as shown in photo 2.  I fussy cut a butterfly, "Secret", and "Garden", from another piece and glued them down on each side of the gate.  The butterfly ended up in the flowers. I added some beautiful rumple ribbon from Love Bug Creations to the tags, and voila, simple but beautiful card.  Not a scrap went to waste.  
Photo 1 (card front without tags inserted)

Photo 2 (card front with tags inserted)
So, what do you have laying around on your desk right now?  It is amazing what you can create when you are limited by what you see in front of you.  I think this turned out pretty well, and my sister-in-law loved it.  I hope you enjoyed it, too.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you will come back often.  You never know what I will be up to next.

Have a wonderful, creative week!

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card for a Birthday Barbara, and I love how it holds the tags.
    The G45 Paper Collections are always fabulous and this one is exceptionally beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete