Tuesday, July 23, 2013

CHA Release-Eileen Hull's New Sizzix Collection Sneak Peek

Welcome my fellow die cutting friends.  I am so glad you stopped by today.  I want to share with you Eileen Hull's newest collection from Sizzix, debuting today at CHA.  I was so honored to be asked by Eileen to make some CHA samples for her using this new collection she calls "Cherish".  It is absolutely to "die" for.  There are several pieces in this collection.  These would be so wonderful to celebrate the birth of your baby or a friend's baby, a grandchild, a baby shower, gift giving, you name it.  Check out her video here.

Cherish Collection by Eileen Hull

First up is this adorable baby crib.  I fell in love with this one the minute I saw it.  I used papers from the Prima Art Journal pad as my background for most of the pieces.  However, I used papers from the Prima "Fairy Belle" collection entirely on the crib.  Real wood paper was used to cover the rockers at the bottom and some vintage photo distress ink added to get the color I wanted.  It also helped the real wood grain show up.  As always, I used my Xyron 850 to apply adhesive to each paper piece before adhering them to the chipboard.


Found this little stuffed sheep toy in the miniature doll house section of my local craft store.  Isn't he adorable sitting in the crib, waiting for his playmate?


Of course, Prima flowers, a tiny fairy charm, and a butterfly cut out from the paper are added.  I used the chipboard part from the center of the crib (side) and added the paper with "Flower Song".  I think it made a nice embellishment as well.  Nothing goes to waste here.  


A few more Prima flowers and some metal fairy and decorative charms are added to the reverse side.


Now we have a cute rocking chair.  I used the Prima art journal papers for this one, added some pretty lace and trim that I inked to match, more Prima flowers and pearls, and real wood paper for the rockers again.  Of course, what chair isn't complete without your favorite puppy sitting in it?





Here is the cutest baby food jar.  I also used the Prima art journal paper on this, inked edges with distress inks in matching colors, and a gold corrugate paper for the lid.  A piece of Gina's Designs lasercut doily behind a metal charm and a picture cut out from one of the Fairy Belle papas added to the front.  A smaller metal charm and silver paper added to the spoon, held onto the jar with a piece if baby pink pearls.


On the reverse side, I fussy cut an image from the same paper and  added 3D Crystal Lacquer to her face for added dimension.


This would make such a cute favor box for any event.


Okay, and here is the 3D baby bootie.  Art journal paper used for the background, Prima flowers, lace, pearls, fussy cut butterfly from Fairy Belle paper, and 5/8" seam binding colored to match were all added to make this a super cute display piece.  This would also make a fabulous favor, as well.





And lastly, three boxes, or building blocks, to use either as display pieces or for gift giving.  I chose to make these into small gift boxes.    Art journal paper from Prima, lace, seam binding, chipboard die cuts, pearl string, and prima flowers added to finish off each piece.  On the largest box, I first ran the paper through my die cut machine using the honeycomb embossing folder from  Sizzix 658455-Basketweave and Honeycomb set, and hit the high spots with various colors of distress inks.  It gave a wonderful texture to the paper.


I hope you have enjoyed this little sneak peek of what is coming your way very soon.  And be sure to check out Eileen's blog to see what else may be headed your way.  I know she has the most wonderful mini album coming out that you are going to want big time.  

In the meantime, thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful crafty week!

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. So stinkin cute, love all the little details. Fabulous dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they look like the most amazing dies, and what you made with them is amazing!!! LOVE that cradle and the little chair specially, really, really stunning makes!!

    ReplyDelete