Monday, July 15, 2013

Friendship Cards with The Robin's Nest

Hello again, and welcome back.  So glad you stopped by today.  The Robin's Nest is really rockin' this month with some fabulous animal print papers that are on sale all month for a whopping 20% off.  Pair them with these fabulous glitter papers for perfect color matches. Let me show you what I mean.

I have a couple of simple cards to share with you today, but when you have beautiful Robin's Nest papers to work with, it makes it so easy.

Supplies:

The Robin's Nest Products:
Dino Feet Glitter Cardstock
Sour Apple Classic Glitter Cardstock
Brown Classic Glitter Cardstock
Pink Leopard on Pink Glitter
Creme Glitter Card stock
Chocolate Brown Classic Glitter Cardstock
Gold Classic Glitter Cardstock
Cherry Chocolate dew drops
Easter dew drops
White Alpha Sticker Letters
Gina's Designs Ornamental Bird Cages
Sizzix Fancy Tags die
Diamond Fence Border larges edger punch - Martha Stewart
Coffee Shop rubber stamp - Magenta
Coffee and Friends rubber stamp - Inkadinkado
Little Bird rubber stamp - unknown
Black Archival ink
Gold metallic ink pad (Encore)
Pearlustre Champagne embossing powder
Black embossing powder
Markers (Distress and Copic)
White 5/8" seam binding
Distress ink pads (Vintage Photo, Moss Green)

Directions:

I used the Sizzix die to cut the card base from Sour Apple Classic Glitter Cardstock.  The card measures 4-1/2" x 6".  You can make your own without the die and use any decorative edger punch you have.
Layer 1 measures 4-1/4" x 5-3/4", cut from Brown Classic Glitter Cardstock.

Layer 2 measures 4" x 5-1/2", cut from  Dino Feet Glitter Cardstock.  I thought the design on this paper looked a bit like bird's feet.  But after I got the card together, I then thought they looked more like tulips.

I colored one of Gina's Designs Ornamental Bird Cages using gold metallic ink pad.
I then embossed with champagne pearlustre embossing powder.  Reheat the embossing powder (EP) and sprinkle on a tiny bit of black EP, allowing it to melt into the hot EP.  This will give you the look of antiqued gold.

I colored a piece of seam binding with the moss distress ink, ran it through the hole in the top of the birdcage and adhered it to the card front, as shown.
Next, I stamped a tiny bird image and colored it with markers.  Then I fussy cut it out and layered it on top of the bird cage.
Add the letter stickers to spell "FLY" using the White Alpha Sticker Letters and add some Easter dew drops to the newly formed tulips (not dino feet any more), and you have a really cute, fun card.
My next card is equally simple, but I really love how these papers make them look like a million bucks!
 
I used the Sizzix die to cut the card base and layers for this card as well.  These are the pieces I used.  
The base card is made from Creme Glitter Card stock, second layer from Chocolate Brown Classic Glitter Cardstock, and top layer is from Gold Classic Glitter Cardstock.  I used the diamond fence border punch to cut a strip from the Pink Leopard on Pink Glitter.

On stamped both images with archival ink onto a scrap of white cardstock.  I colored the coffee shop image with markers, then distressed both pieces before adding Vintage Photo distress ink all over.
I assembled all the layers and added my stamped images, as shown.  I used pop dots to raise the sentiment.  Added some Cherry Chocolate dew drops to the bottom, and again, a really fun card completed in no time to send to your friends.

I hope you enjoyed my card projects today and are inspired by these fun, beautiful animal prints.  
Animal prints are on sale all month at a whopping 20% off, and you can check out all of the wonderful papers and embellishments in this and all categories right here.  And a special thanks to our sponsor this month, Gina's Designs, for sharing their fun products with us to share with you.

Be sure to visit The Chattering Robin's Blog regularly this month for more animal print fun from the fabulous design team.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

Barbara


2 comments: